• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stolen pistols

grease63s

imported post

Ok, so on 3/7 I had my truck prowled outside a bar in Seattle where I'd met a buddy for his birthday after going shooting earlier that day. I'd left a couple of bags in the backseat without thinking but had covered them with a blanket.

I get back to my truck and find the door lock punched and my laptop bag gone. My other bag was there but missing were a .22 cal Colt Frontier Scoutsingle actionrevolver and aColt Woodsmanauto also in .22 cal. Neither was a collectors piece but the scout was the gun my dad taught me toshoot with 28 years ago.

I don't have any hope of recovering any of the items, but just a heads up.

Nitrox314

imported post

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know that nostalgic pieces are irreplaceable. I hope someone finds it. Have you notified the police and called up the local pawn shops?

samaloney2006

imported post

:cuss: I am real sorry to hear about your loss. Here is another sad tail. I used to have a Smth and Wesson Model 1917 .45 with the half moon clips. I am told that my grandfather carried it in WW! and my father in WW11 (Silver Star winner on Iwo Jima. Navy Seabee LT, he would never speak about the gun, learned from my uncle). In 1967 I was getting ready to go to Viet Nam (3 tours). I was in Naval Aviation (aircraft carriers) so I wouldn't be taking the gun in country. I spoke to my commanding officer about this. All aviators carry a sidearm when going into combat. I asked him if he woukld fly it in with him. He said that he would be absolutely delighted. Imagine a gun that has been in three wars. Anyway I took it up to a gun shop at the top of the hill at NAS Whidbey Island. There was a small gun shop there at the time inside of Northern Sales. I did not have time to clean it and get it ready to go. Just before we left the shop was broken into and of course mine was stolen. Almost forgot, my brother gave me the gun as a wedding present in 1967. I heard from the Sheriff's Dept. awile later that they found most of the gun's at a Black Panther's arms cache in Seattle. Mine to this day has never been recovered. An insurance company sent me a check for $25.00. How much is the gun worth? ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS.