• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please help this along

RogueWarrior

imported post

I've been asked to pass this along. Please contact your legislators and ask them to support these bills.
[align=center]Senate Bill608 by a 5-4 vote.

Sponsored by State Senator George Munoz (D-4), SB608 is NRA-backed legislation that would enable Concealed Handgun Licensees (CHL) to protect themselves inrestaurants that serve alcohol.

Because the committee vote was so close, we anticipate that the Senate floor vote will be as well; therefore, its very important that you contact your State Senator and urge them to support SB608 when it comes before the full Senate for consideration. Remind them that SB608 does NOT permit CHL’s to consume alcohol while carrying -- that is, and will continue to be, against the law!

Also yesterday, the House Judiciary Committee held a public hearing on House Bill 105, the House version of the restaurant carry bill introduced by State Representative John Heaton (D-55). The committee did not take final action on the bill and committee members are working with the sponsor on amendments addressing issues brought up in committee about how the bill would be administered if it became law.

Please contact your State Senator and the members of the House Judiciary Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to support your self-defense rights by voting for SB608 and HB105 when it comes before them for a vote. Contact information for your State Senator can be found by clicking here. Contact information for the House Judiciary Committee can be found below.

House Judiciary Committee:

State Representative Al Park (D-26), Chairman
(505) 986-4411
alpark.nm@gmail.com

State Representative Joe Cervantes (D-52), Vice Chairman
(505) 986-4249
cervanteslaw@zianet.com
State Representative Eliseo Lee Alcon (D-6)
(505) 986-4254
eliseoalcon@msn.com
State Representative Paul C. Bandy (R-3)
(505) 986-4214
paul@paulbandy.org
State Representative Elias Barela (D-8)
(505) 986-4235
elias@barelalaw.com

State Representative Gail Chasey (D-18)
(505) 986-4844
gailchasey@msn.com

State Representative Zachary J. Cook (R-56)
(505) 986-4454
junderwoodfirm@yahoo.com
State Representative Dennis J. Kintigh (R-57)
(505) 986-4453
askdennis@denniskintigh.com
State Representative Antonio "Moe" Maestas (D-16)
(505) 986-4464
antonio@moejustice.com
State Representative W. Ken Martinez (D-69)
(505) 986-4776
mlo1@7cities.net
State Representative Bill B. O'Neill (D-15)
(505) 986-4254
oneillhd15@fastmail.us
State Representative William "Bill" R. Rehm (R-31)
(505) 986-4450
Billrehm@comcast.net
State Representative Mimi Stewart (D-21)
(505) 986-4840
mstewart@osogrande.com
State Representative Gloria C. Vaughn (R-51)
(505) 986-4453

RogueWarrior

imported post

I started a new one just so that If anyone saw the old heading they may not have looked at this one

Trainer23

imported post

Thanks for following this. I really do appreciate your efforts.

Is it through all the committees and ready to go to the floor? My senator is not known for being a 2A supporter. I will contact her and let her know how I feel. I will also contact other senators and let them know that one life long New Mexican cares.

Mike

snoball

imported post

The Albuq. Journal says that SB 608 passed 26-15 on Wednesday the 11th. Lets hope the similar bill (HB 105) that passed the House means that we will get this issue resolved soon!