• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got a letter to the editor pubished in a magazine

Mad Pick

imported post

That's a great letter! It's pretty hard to argue with your logic.

And congrats on getting published! I had a little piece published in Car and Driver about fifteen years ago -- not a letter to the editor, but of similar length and substance. I felt absolutely FAMOUS!! :D

So your fifteen minutes has started . . . check your watch and make the most of it. :D

uncoolperson

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Very nice. I love what you chose for a comparison.

Kinda ironic with me on occasion working to a degree in comp sci, sent it in via email, and spread it around in the online through email and forums.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great article ! For a second there I was what the hell is this guy talking about, how can he say this. Great way to drive home your viewpoint.

And timely too since some in the government are wanting to restrict what you can read see and hear on the internet, by rewording the fairness doctrine and applying it to the internet.

heresolong

imported post

Great letter, but what an annoying website. Who thinks it is a good idea to have articles which float around the screen while you are trying to read them and have controls that are completely counter-intuitive to the average internet user. I kept changing the zoom by trying to use my scroll wheel (there's a reason it's not called a zoom wheel, folks), every time I moved my mouse the article would float around, when I wanted to go to the second page I clicked what I thought was the page changer and ended up two pages away. This site is just weird.

Ganghater

imported post

Thanks. There's power in print... This makes you a legitimate commentator. I've been reading this site for several months. I'm a concealed carrier, with a full size Glock 17 - don't much care if it prints 'cause only carriers would notice. This is my first post and from the handle y'all can tell that gang bangers are not welcome near me. We tried for a year to get a young man free from the gang.... what a sad waste for all of us.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Welcome aboard Ganghater, hope ya stick around and come to a meet. Theres going to be one the 28th of this month and open carry is not necessary.

DEROS72

imported post

[align=right]Jim Beal
None
702-348-3194

burtb71@yahoo.com[/align]
[align=right][/align]
[align=right][/align]
[align=center]Armed citizens to descend on Apartment community![/align]
[align=center]Willow Lake, community awareness event, meeting and lunch. [/align]
[align=center][/align]SeaTac, WA. - March 13, 2009 – In response to the shooting on February 17, 2009 at the Willow Lake apartment complex in SeaTac WA.

See story http://www.kirotv.com/video/18736417/index.html
People are tired of crime in our community. There have been break-ins, vehicle theft, gang activity, drugs sales, even the neighborhood bank was held up. People here have had enough. Washington members of OpenCarry.org have organized a community lunch and information program for all the residents of our community and surrounding area. We have garnered the support of several local businesses to co-sponsor the event to supply food, drinks and snacks. Elements of the SeaTac police department will talk about the Neighborhood Watch program and other crime prevention programs. Open Carry members will be on hand to inform residents of their right to bear arms and the choices they have in protecting themselves and their property.

The event is scheduled for March 28[suP]th[/suP] 2009 at the Willow Lake Apts.3002 S.208th St., Seatac WA.[/b] And will run from 11am to 3pm. Lunch will be served beginning at 11:30am catered by Dino’s Restaurant. Drawing for prizes begins at 2:00pm. All residents of Willow Lakes and surrounding community are invited to join us. Drawings will be held for Safeway gift cards, dinners for 2 at Dino’s, free coffee tickets from Chris at Café’Valle Espresso, free car washes from Squeaky Clean, and many others. Prize drawings are for the residents of Willow Lakes and guests as well as balloons and prizes for the kids. There will be informal discussions of your rights and responsibilities to own and bear arms.

This event is about our community and looking out for our neighbors. It’s about the 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment, which in the opinion of many is non negotiable. It is about a choice, a choice to take responsibility for the protection of ourselves, our neighbors and the Constitution as it was originally put forth. Our purpose is to demonstrate, that we, those who bear arms are the American people[/b] who by the 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment stand firm for our communities and immovable in the rights given us.

The Washington members of OpenCarry.org would like to thank Safeway on 216th and Pacific, Chris at Café’Valle Espresso, Tom at Squeaky Clean Carwash and a special thanks to Dev of DINO”s Restaurant for their support of the Constitution and our community, and all of you with OCDO that made this possible.

…all power is inherent in the people…it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” Thomas Jefferson [/b]

DEROS72

imported post

Thank you.M1 gunr helped me fix some punctuation errors I had.Between the 2 of us it said what I wanted it to say.I hope the title will grab someones attention.