• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

At least 10 killed in Alabama shooting spree

kurtmax_0

imported post

I doubt anyone armed would have helped.

My guess is that his family members were taken by surprise, which account for a large number of the victims.

The cops wife and child were apparently on the porch or playing outside. Not much you can do if someone pulls up in a car and shoots you with a rifle.

The others seem to have been shot during the car chase. It's pretty hard to defend against someone shooting you while driving by.

spy1

imported post

Probably the most damning (to our cause, anyway) statement of all came from Joshua Myers:

"The two unrelated victims on the porch were Myers' wife and daughter. They lived across the street and had stopped by the home to visit. His baby girl was the only survivor from the porch."
"

Myers, the grieving sheriff's deputy, made an appeal Wednesday to tighten the country's laws on the ownership of automatic weapons.

"As a community, as a family, as a nation, we need to do something about this," he said."

If that line isn't tailor-made for the anti-gun lobby...

imported post

Myers is an idiot. What else would you expect from someone who actually chooses to carry out any and all mandates of the state legislature, constitutional or not, against his friends, family and neighbors, all because he's just doing his "job?"

Alexcabbie

imported post

Yet another example of how criminals and/or mental defectives pick defenseless targets. The Washington Post of course referred to the killer as a "gunman" about three times. If he had used a crossbow, would he be a "bowman"? if he had hammered them with a griddle would he be a "skilletman"??

No, he killed innocent people he KNEW were going to be defenseless (thanks to the idiot popular culture and the even more idiotic law) and then killed himself to avoid facing up to what he did (and I believe that right now he's trying to do some fast 'splainin")

So "gunman" doesn't describe him. "Coward" is more to the truth. This "gunman" crap really hacks me off. An armed society is not only a polite society, it is also a SAFE society (Walther PPK and PPK/s pistols which fire when one puts the safety on notwithstanding, and I hope S&W gets mine back to me soon).

American Rattlesnake

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Myers is an idiot.
He's also a man who just had his entire world collapse around his ears while there was nothing he could do about it.

Cut the man some slack, he's certainly not thinking clearly at the moment.

imported post

Anyone who is NOT having his entire world collapse around him and knowingly chooses to pursue such a career is still an idiot. Later events do not alter that fact. He wasn't "thinking clearly" when he sought such employment.
Forget the Muslims, the Chinese or any other potential bad guys.
The REAL enemies of freedom-loving Amerikans are already amongst up, Myers being but one of 'em.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

spy1 wrote:
Probably the most damning (to our cause, anyway) statement of all came from Joshua Myers:

"The two unrelated victims on the porch were Myers' wife and daughter. They lived across the street and had stopped by the home to visit. His baby girl was the only survivor from the porch."
"

Myers, the grieving sheriff's deputy, made an appeal Wednesday to tighten the country's laws on the ownership of automatic weapons.

"As a community, as a family, as a nation, we need to do something about this," he said."

If that line isn't tailor-made for the anti-gun lobby...

Officer Myers comments are obviously stemming from his grief and emotional responses such as this are not uncommon.

There are already laws that forbid ownership and possession of Full Auto weapons without a license. If the shooter did not have such a license to own a Full auto he was already breaking the law before he fired a single shot. It also would lend proof that restrictions on firearm possession do not work.

That is, of course, if the shooter actually did use a full auto weapon. I'm wondering if the press isn't confusing Full auto with semi-auto.

imported post

Typical, fascist, ignorant, knee-jerk reaction by Mother Government: send in troops AFTER the blood quits flowing.

And the truly sad part is MOST Amerikans will consider this to be an appropriate response. Not here, thank you.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My take away (besides the obvious of being ticked off that now we have to worry about our rights because this turd used his to violate the rights and lives of numerous people instead of just offing himself in his room and leaving everyone else out of it) is that despite the talk about "a gun behind every blade of grass" and that armed citizens will prevent/stop/reduce such violence is generally untrue for most of America. I doubt that day to day there are but a handful of places nationwide where one would find more than about 3% of the population armed. And how many of those people have more than required CC basic carry and then haven't even pulled a trigger in the years since? There just aren't enough of us in enough places yet to have it more likely than not that one of us would be in a position to stop a shooter.

Renegade

imported post

I spent nearly five years slipping and out of those cities - part of my territory. Very quiet part of the country where no one is in a hurry.

Regardless of how tragic this event was - these things happen. For those that cry for further restrictions on guns they must agree with the following logic:

Drunk drivers kill persons with cars - outlaw all cars.
Electricity kills countless young and old - outlaw electricity.
Eating food causes heart disease which kills - outlaw food.

Guns save lives.

smash29

imported post

Renegade wrote:
I spent nearly five years slipping and out of those cities - part of my territory. Very quiet part of the country where no one is in a hurry.
When I passed throughElba, Samson and the rest of that areaa few years ago on my way to the FL panhandle my ignorance had me expecting a population made up extras from "Deliverance", how wrong I was! After living in Atlanta and becoming accustomedfast pace and noise of the cityI absolutely loved the peace and quiet of the area and the people I met were great. I was very sad to hear about the events down there.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smash29 wrote:
Renegade wrote:
When I passed throughElba, Samson and the rest of that areaa few years ago on my way to the FL panhandle my ignorance had me expecting a population made up extras from "Deliverance", how wrong I was! After living in Atlanta and becoming accustomedfast pace and noise of the cityI absolutely loved the peace and quiet of the area and the people I met were great. I was very sad to hear about the events down there.
You can't believe everything you see that comes out of Hollyweird. Most folks in rural America are quite friendly and laid back. And contrary to popular opinion we're not all a bunch of ignorant redneck heathens.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hard to make them any tighter... Since 1986, Automatic Weapons have been 100% banned from Civilian Production. Period. No Exceptions.

I wonder what a man must be made of to suffer such a loss and immediately use it to further a political agenda.

It's one thing for the media to fail to research the fact. To deliberately lie as they do and to use tragedy of this sort to further their agendas. But for the one left standing to use it the day after his own were killed... Wow. I'm downright impressed by what a piece of human filth he is. That's just damn amazing.

I will give him this, he sure is dedicated to his crusade. Even having his family killed just played into his hand.... f***ing sick.