Thread: Fredericksburg Gun Show March 14-15

Post imported post

Who's attending? Its in my backyard...so I will be there.

edit to include link:

http://www.fredericksburgexpocenter.com/

Post imported post

a bit far for me, I probably will wait for a month when the gun show comes back to Chantilly before I go get price-gouged again.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'll be there first thing Saturday to setup the VCDL table and then from 1 to 4PM on Sunday working the VCDL table.
    ---

Post imported post

I'm going to be in Culpeper Saturday AM, so will swing by if I have time on the way back home. I'm guessing I'll arrive about 2 PM.

Anybody want to drop by the VCDL table around then?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I'll be there. I tried to reserve a table today, but I think I may be too late to reserve. I don't have any firearms stuff in my local inventory, but I do have a lot of Maglites and Maglite parts and accessories. Either way, I'll definitely look for the VCDL table.

Post imported post

Anyone been there before?
    I'm not looking for any guns right now. Just some good, cheap mil-surp stuff and some disaster gear.
    Ammo? (Yes, I know the [i]likely[i] answer :P)

Post imported post

If you want ammo, I'd say get there early - sometime Saturday morning...if the past several months are any indication, a lot of the good ammo will be gone in a hurry.

Post imported post

Bruce and I will be there Sunday morning

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    I'm going to be in Culpeper Saturday AM, so will swing by if I have time on the way back home. I'm guessing I'll arrive about 2 PM.

Anybody want to drop by the VCDL table around then?

stay safe.

skidmark
    I am going early in the event there is decent deals on ammo. However, if I am still there. I will stop by the table at 2 pm to see if there is any fellow open carry fourm members hanging out.

Post imported post

Hubby expressed an interest in making a day-trip of it, so maybe I'll be there... early I hope.

Post imported post

I'm here - where is everyone?!

If anyone wants to come look me up, I'm all the way against the back wall right smack in the middle. Look for the flat-screen LCD monitor at the end table.

Post imported post

Attended this morning. Got some home defense rounds... some mag extensions for my glock 23 ....and my friend finally bought a Glock 27.... after talking about it forever. Eyeballed some handguns that are on my wish list. Oh, and finally joined the VCDL. All and all was a good day.

Today I noticed it was not as crowed as the last show there and no lines out the door. Bad for vendors....but good for patrons. Maybe the weather kept people at home?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

allingeneral wrote:
    I'm here - where is everyone?!

If anyone wants to come look me up, I'm all the way against the back wall right smack in the middle. Look for the flat-screen LCD monitor at the end table.
    Yep. He was there.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I bought a revolver - Charter Arms UC Lite in .38 SPL - to use as a concealed BUG.

Then went next door to the computer show. Very lightly attended, but I got a decent price on a laptop.

Not sure how many more times I'll go to F'burg. I'm tired of their picayune rules (the venue, not the promoter, I've learned). This time, we remembered to bring our $1 off postcard, only to have it acknowledged for only one of the three admissions.

The show was reasonable crowded on Saturday - for Fredericksburg - no GREAT deals but pretty standard for shows. Did see vrwmiller, but missed Riana and family, and didn't see skidmark. Saw allingeneraland introduced myself.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I'll go ahead and call my first show a success even though I ended up losing money after paying for tables and electricity and WiFi access and printed materials...it was still nice to get out there, talk about guns, meet some smiling faces and shake a few hands.

Thanks to all who made a specific effort to stop by and say hi. I'm not good with names, so please don't hold me to it!

I didn't buy anything, but did browse around a bit. I'm trying to decide now whether my next gun is going to be a Glock .45 GAP or a Remington 870 12 gauge tactical shotgun.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

allingeneral wrote:
    I'll go ahead and call my first show a success even though I ended up losing money after paying for tables and electricity and WiFi access and printed materials...it was still nice to get out there, talk about guns, meet some smiling faces and shake a few hands.

Thanks to all who made a specific effort to stop by and say hi. I'm not good with names, so please don't hold me to it!

I didn't buy anything, but did browse around a bit. I'm trying to decide now whether my next gun is going to be a Glock .45 GAP or a Remington 870 12 gauge tactical shotgun.
    Would hate to see you buy a gun chambered in .45 GAP - there are few arguments that favor it and ammo is more expensive, limited in choices & can be harder to find.

Want to bet that Glock drops it before too much longer?

The choices in 1911 single stack and high capacity are limitless.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.