• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fredericksburg Gun Show March 14-15

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm going to be in Culpeper Saturday AM, so will swing by if I have time on the way back home. I'm guessing I'll arrive about 2 PM.

Anybody want to drop by the VCDL table around then?

stay safe.

skidmark

allingeneral

imported post

I'll be there. I tried to reserve a table today, but I think I may be too late to reserve. I don't have any firearms stuff in my local inventory, but I do have a lot of Maglites and Maglite parts and accessories. Either way, I'll definitely look for the VCDL table.

ufcfanvt

imported post

Anyone been there before?
I'm not looking for any guns right now. Just some good, cheap mil-surp stuff and some disaster gear.
Ammo? (Yes, I know the likely answer :p)

DarkHorse

imported post

skidmark wrote:
I'm going to be in Culpeper Saturday AM, so will swing by if I have time on the way back home. I'm guessing I'll arrive about 2 PM.

Anybody want to drop by the VCDL table around then?

stay safe.

skidmark
I am going early in the event there is decent deals on ammo. However, if I am still there. I will stop by the table at 2 pm to see if there is any fellow open carry fourm members hanging out.

allingeneral

imported post

I'm here - where is everyone?! :)

If anyone wants to come look me up, I'm all the way against the back wall right smack in the middle. Look for the flat-screen LCD monitor at the end table.

DarkHorse

imported post

Attended this morning. Got some home defense rounds... some mag extensions for my glock 23 ....and my friend finally bought a Glock 27.... after talking about it forever. Eyeballed some handguns that are on my wish list. Oh, and finally joined the VCDL. All and all was a good day.

Today I noticed it was not as crowed as the last show there and no lines out the door. Bad for vendors....but good for patrons. Maybe the weather kept people at home?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

allingeneral wrote:
I'm here - where is everyone?! :)

If anyone wants to come look me up, I'm all the way against the back wall right smack in the middle. Look for the flat-screen LCD monitor at the end table.
Yep. He was there.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I bought a revolver - Charter Arms UC Lite in .38 SPL - to use as a concealed BUG.

Then went next door to the computer show. Very lightly attended, but I got a decent price on a laptop.

Not sure how many more times I'll go to F'burg. I'm tired of their picayune rules (the venue, not the promoter, I've learned). This time, we remembered to bring our $1 off postcard, only to have it acknowledged for only one of the three admissions.

The show was reasonable crowded on Saturday - for Fredericksburg - no GREAT deals but pretty standard for shows. Did see vrwmiller, but missed Riana and family, and didn't see skidmark. Saw allingeneral and introduced myself.

allingeneral

imported post

I'll go ahead and call my first show a success even though I ended up losing money after paying for tables and electricity and WiFi access and printed materials...it was still nice to get out there, talk about guns, meet some smiling faces and shake a few hands.

Thanks to all who made a specific effort to stop by and say hi. I'm not good with names, so please don't hold me to it! :)

I didn't buy anything, but did browse around a bit. I'm trying to decide now whether my next gun is going to be a Glock .45 GAP or a Remington 870 12 gauge tactical shotgun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

allingeneral wrote:
I'll go ahead and call my first show a success even though I ended up losing money after paying for tables and electricity and WiFi access and printed materials...it was still nice to get out there, talk about guns, meet some smiling faces and shake a few hands.

Thanks to all who made a specific effort to stop by and say hi. I'm not good with names, so please don't hold me to it! :)

I didn't buy anything, but did browse around a bit. I'm trying to decide now whether my next gun is going to be a Glock .45 GAP or a Remington 870 12 gauge tactical shotgun.
Would hate to see you buy a gun chambered in .45 GAP - there are few arguments that favor it and ammo is more expensive, limited in choices & can be harder to find.

Want to bet that Glock drops it before too much longer?

The choices in 1911 single stack and high capacity are limitless.

Yata hey