• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HERE'S a "poll' for you!

deanf

imported post

What if the revolutionaries are fascists? Are you going to fight on the side of fascism if the government is trying to put it down? That's just an example. We don't know the position of the revolutionaries in the question.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree Deanf. In our first revolution there had been much written including the Declaration of Independence to give people information to decide which side they were going to support or if they would stay neutral. As out of control as our gov't is and as fascist as the policies of the Obama administration, there are still a whole helluva lot of things worse than the current US gov't/congress/administration. So to make a blanket agreement to fight against that gov't without knowing what you are fighting for is a really bad idea.

To some extent much of the American citizenry has been now been conditioned (indoctrinated) to vote or fight against things rather than for things. However, if one is considering armed rebellion against the government is VERY important to know what you are fighting FOR as well as against. Lots of people in numerous countries have fought in revolutions against something over the years only to be sorely, painfully, violently disillusioned. A few, such as the colonists in the American Revolution were fighting FOR something and had things turn out far better.

wylde007

imported post

We have something to fight for.

It's called Constitution and you already know who is on your side. Most-assuredly not the government. They have spit on and abandoned the founding document of law.

Their authority is impotent. They rule without conscience nor accountability.

Judgment day IS coming.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
We have something to fight for.

It's called Constitution and you already know who is on your side. Most-assuredly not the government. They have spit on and abandoned the founding document of law.

Their authority is impotent. They rule without conscience nor accountability.

Judgment day IS coming.
It's not a question of what WE would be willing to fight for but rather a discussion of the question in the poll. The poll question does not specify that the "rebels" are fighting to reestablish a Constitution adhering government. If that were set out in the question then I would find it easy to answer.

The answer to "what you would do if you woke up tomorrow in the middle of a New American Revolution?" would be much different if the "rebels" are fighting for the Constitution versus if they were fighting to establish Sharia Law or fighting to establish anarchy.

wylde007

imported post

Given my propensity for strict Constitutional adherence, I think I was justified in applying it to the "rebel" side of the argument.

It seems that, aside from a few gung-ho career order-obeyers and some bootlicking liberal rollover types, that attachment is not unreasonable.

Huck

imported post

deanf wrote:
What if the revolutionaries are fascists? Are you going to fight on the side of fascism if the government is trying to put it down?
Just where do you think the Federal Government is drifting toward if it'snot already there? The Fed Government aint gonna put itself down!

david.ross

imported post

Great, another example of an "Us vs Them"...

Funny how we depend on the government to protect our rights while everyone bashes on the great body people seem to hate so much.

Many here expect people to be in "harmony" and have the same ideals as everyone else, or even worse... try to force those ideals by open carrying while shoving said weapon in their face figuratively (I hope the smart ones don't). Well there is a country which forces the people to be harmonious and force the same ideals on everyone else, we call it China.