• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firemission -- CNN poll

JosephMingle

imported post

Ought to be in News & Political Alerts:

Do the recent shooting rampages highlight the need for more gun control?

Yes
70%

No
30%

Edited for format.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, I think the continued crashing of the financial markets because of pessimism and stupidity espoused by the president, his administration and the fed are preventing a recovery so I think they should STFU. Therefore I want to see a poll of who thinks the recent financial crisis highlights a need for more free speech control. Once you make infringing one right ok, then there is no rationale for not infringing the others.

sccrref

imported post

++1

We are getting creamed on this one. Get to going people. We do not want the gun grabbers to be ahead in any type of poll showing that their gun grabbing ways are okay.

Yes
69%

No
31%

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Its down to 66-34 anti-gun.

Come on guys. We've got more registered members than the poll hastotal votes so far.

They don't stand a chance. We're everywhere.

:)

YllwFvr

imported post

Guys I dont see the poll anywhere, am I going blind?!?!

where is it?

I dont see the link bewteen violence and guns. Most people tell me its there but I really must be blind because I see a link between "tools" and violence. I tell them take my gun and I'll use a Mag lite or a tire iron. They look at me like Im crazy.

GWbiker

imported post

It's here, scroll down to "Quick Vote" on right side of page.....

http://edition.cnn.com/

As usual, the feel good sheeple believe those evil-nasty guns are at fault for this carnage.

wylde007

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
As usual, the feel good sheeple believe those evil-nasty guns are at fault for this carnage.
Isn't that a sort of anthropomorphizing?

Or would it be personification? I always get those two mixed up.

GWbiker

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
Isn't that a sort of anthropomorphizing?

Or would it be personification? I always get those two mixed up.
Uh...I believe it's one or the other:exclaim: