Thread: A potential new ally...

Post imported post

I just finished reading an interesting new book by Neil Strauss called "Emergency - this book will save your life."
    The book chronicles his awakening to the dangers of the world, and the ways he has gone about dealing with them - in effect, realizing (even explicitly stating) that governments cannot and will not protect you from anything ranging from
    criminal attack to hurricanes, invasions, civil disorder, etc.
    He puts himself through detailed survival training, including a week at Gunsite.
    Throughout most of the book he talks about his preparations to possibly
    leave the country in a time of national distress - possibly forever, to live in sunny
    St. Kitts in the Caribbean, where gaining citizenship can be accelerated through the purchase of a substantial piece of real estate.
    Toward the end of the book, he talks about receiving Red Cross, FEMA
    and EMS training. He participates in mass casualty incidents, and comes around to the idea that staying and helping others, in effect becoming a sheepdog, might be the right way to go, should the stuff hit the fan.
    There are many, many youngish men like Neil - kinda nerdy, affluent, sheltered urban/suburban background, afraid of/ignorant about guns.
    Neil has quite a following among that set, due to the cultish popularity of his prior book, The Game.
    I'm hoping that these pseudo-acolytes will take his survival and preparedness lessons to heart, including his transformation from fear and ignorance relating to firearms, to outright enthusiasm.

Post imported post

I will be picking up a copy of that book

Post imported post

Neil is a friend of mine. I am in his book called "The Game".
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Interesting, I'll have to look into this.