Thread: First time open carry today

Post imported post

Today was my first open carry. I sat in the dentist's chair and got a root canal for about an hour and a half. I saw him glance at it a couple of times, but he didn't say anything. Stopped by Home Depot off 95 in F'burg for a quick look at some plywood. Went to Wal-mart in Ferry Farm to get prescriptions filled, then Burger King for a fine sit-down meal. Back to Wal-mart to pick up prescriptions. While checking out at Wal-mart, two kids (couple of boys between 5 and 7 years old) and a mom in front of me, the kids asked their mom to find out if that was a gun I had. I smiled at them, nodded and said yes. Then the kids got their mom to ask me if I was a "Police man". I told them No, I'm a law-abiding citizen - when you turn 18 you can have one too. One of the little boys told me he wants one and that he wants to get a pocket knife too! lol

Oh yeah - I stopped by the courthouse, locked things up for a moment and dropped off my CHP and DD214 as well!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Wow! You have a very brave dentist!

Congratulations on your first OC!

Now, in the pot-stirring category...What type of anesthesia did you receive for this root canal? At any point would you have considered yourself impaired?

:P

Post imported post

useful_idiot wrote:

Now, in the pot-stirring category...What type of anesthesia did you receive for this root canal? At any point would you have considered yourself impaired?

"911, what is your emergency?"

"There's a man with a gun!!!"

"What is he doing"

"Well, he's DROOLING!!!! Please hurry!!!!!!"

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:

"What is he doing"

OMG a democrat with a gun ... HHHUUURRRRYYYY!!!!

ZING!!!!!:P:P:P!!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Well..... in certain circles, drooling on your weapon of choice is considered an emergency. I would hope that a responsible citizen would call 911 and get the EMTs out there ASAP. Glad to hear your first time was as it should be.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

useful_idiot wrote:

My dentist carries 24/7 and has been encouraging his hygienist and receptionist to get their permits.

One day soon I think I shall invite his hygienist (a personal friend) to the range - she 's been a bit negative about firearms but shows some open minded attitudes. Just might be able to tip her over the edge.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Heck yeah man I have been OC'ing about 2 weeks now, and nothing but positive outcomes the whole time. The ability to OC is awesome, I'm gonna cet my CHP but only for precautions incase an accidentalCC situation I think having to draw my weapon in an emergency from concealment is just way to difficult compared to OC.

Carry On.

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    useful_idiot wrote:

"What is he doing"

Haha yeah - pretty funny. I forgot about one stop I made...right after leaving the dentist, I went to Hancock Fabrics to get some marine vinyl for the boat. The lady in there wanted to strike up a conversation with me. The whole time, there I am...talking to her with the right side of my mouth hardly able to move.

Whoever said guns and speech impediments don't mix?!