• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time open carry today

allingeneral

imported post

Today was my first open carry. I sat in the dentist's chair and got a root canal for about an hour and a half. I saw him glance at it a couple of times, but he didn't say anything. Stopped by Home Depot off 95 in F'burg for a quick look at some plywood. Went to Wal-mart in Ferry Farm to get prescriptions filled, then Burger King for a fine sit-down meal. Back to Wal-mart to pick up prescriptions. While checking out at Wal-mart, two kids (couple of boys between 5 and 7 years old) and a mom in front of me, the kids asked their mom to find out if that was a gun I had. I smiled at them, nodded and said yes. Then the kids got their mom to ask me if I was a "Police man". I told them No, I'm a law-abiding citizen - when you turn 18 you can have one too. One of the little boys told me he wants one and that he wants to get a pocket knife too! lol
hysterical.gif

Oh yeah - I stopped by the courthouse, locked things up for a moment and dropped off my CHP and DD214 as well!

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow! You have a very brave dentist! :lol:

Congratulations on your first OC!

Now, in the pot-stirring category...What type of anesthesia did you receive for this root canal? At any point would you have considered yourself impaired?

:p

Glock27Bill

imported post

useful_idiot wrote:

Now, in the pot-stirring category...What type of anesthesia did you receive for this root canal? At any point would you have considered yourself impaired?

"911, what is your emergency?"

"There's a man with a gun!!!"

"What is he doing"

"Well, he's DROOLING!!!! Please hurry!!!!!!"

sccrref

imported post

Well..... in certain circles, drooling on your weapon of choice is considered an emergency. I would hope that a responsible citizen would call 911 and get the EMTs out there ASAP. Glad to hear your first time was as it should be.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

useful_idiot wrote:

My dentist carries 24/7 and has been encouraging his hygienist and receptionist to get their permits.

One day soon I think I shall invite his hygienist (a personal friend) to the range - she 's been a bit negative about firearms but shows some open minded attitudes. Just might be able to tip her over the edge.

Yata hey

Pagan

imported post

Heck yeah man I have been OC'ing about 2 weeks now, and nothing but positive outcomes the whole time. The ability to OC is awesome, I'm gonna cet my CHP but only for precautions incase an accidentalCC situation I think having to draw my weapon in an emergency from concealment is just way to difficult compared to OC.

Carry On.

allingeneral

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:

"911, what is your emergency?"

"There's a man with a gun!!!"

"What is he doing"

"Well, he's DROOLING!!!! Please hurry!!!!!!"

Haha yeah - pretty funny. I forgot about one stop I made...right after leaving the dentist, I went to Hancock Fabrics to get some marine vinyl for the boat. The lady in there wanted to strike up a conversation with me. The whole time, there I am...talking to her with the right side of my mouth hardly able to move.

Whoever said guns and speech impediments don't mix?! :)