• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Diary

YllwFvr

imported post

I saw in a few other states forums they had a thread where they posted where they went and if they had any problems or attitudes. Thought it would be cool to do that here, plus it will let you know where businessesthat have a problem with open carry are.

Mehoopany, Dandy Mini Mart- Staff was good, lots of people in the store. One surprised look. Also first time entering a business while open carrying. I was very nervous! Shakey and cold lol :uhoh:

Clarks Summit, Sheetz- No one seemed to notice.

Took it off before entering First Liberty Bank in Clarks Summit. Havent built the nerve to carry into a bank yet!

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

You'll find many OC logs in the Pa. section.
Pa. is a big state. I think individual threads, with the area/city in the title, are way more useful. JMO.

As for bank carry... it's just like any other place. The banks I have visited are used to armed patrons. It IS a bank afterall ;)

YllwFvr

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
You'll find many OC logs in the Pa. section.
Pa. is a big state. I think individual threads, with the area/city in the title, are way more useful. JMO.

As for bank carry... it's just like any other place. The banks I have visited are used to armed patrons. It IS a bank afterall ;)

I searched through a few pages of threads then did a search but didnt find any. Apologies for making another thread.

Your pretty close. Never been much south of WB, but I've never seen open carry before besides the Constable and he looked like someome from a grunge band not a uniformed officer.

Ya you say a banks just another business but I just invision them giving me a smile and repeatedly thumbing the panic button!!!:shock:The one lady behind the counter is a real :cuss:and I always seem to get her.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

YllwFvr wrote:

I searched through a few pages of threads then did a search but didnt find any. Apologies for making another thread.

Your pretty close. Never been much south of WB, but I've never seen open carry before besides the Constable and he looked like someome from a grunge band not a uniformed officer.

Ya you say a banks just another business but I just invision them giving me a smile and repeatedly thumbing the panic button!!!:shock:The one lady behind the counter is a real :cuss:and I always seem to get her.
No problem... I stopped my personal log last aug/sept.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/2854.html
I bumped it up so it's easier to find ;)

As for the bank, as with OC in general, our preconceptions are generally not the reality. Most folks don't notice. Those that do don't care. I don't recommend doing anything you're not comfortable with... It's natural to think that folks will immediately see your OC and freak. Thankfully that's not the case. You'll get more comfortable as you do it more. Eventually the bank won't be so intimidating. :)