• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC with a knife

ubertrunks

imported post

I'm 16 and all of my friends carry pocket knives concealed. I think that is legal but I'm not a fan of pocket knives I'd rather carry a 7" Ka-Bar at my side. That way i might not even have to use it.

chrsjhnsn

imported post

I'm not sure about AZ, but to be on the safe side
be sure you're not involved with any illegal activity
while carrying.
No loitering or drinking or those type of things.
....OK....I'll use google for a sec....
well, I looked here
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp?Title=13
you need to pay close attention to chapter 31, look under minors and also storage

if you happen to know any law students or if any parents that are lawyers
show them the link and chapter 31 and ask for help.

Be sure to study the ARS under weapons and know the stuff chapter and verse yourself.
stay gold!

ubertrunks

imported post

so yeah i read everything under chapter 31 and it says nothing about an age restriction on OC'ing a Knife so maybe i will try it sometime and see what happens

chrsjhnsn

imported post

good luck, unless they're are local restrictions I don't believe
you're breaking any laws.
I'm just a guy on the internet though, not a lawyer!
As long as your not engaged in any illegal behavior you'll
probably be ok. If you're in a smaller town you might call
up the city/county attorney and ask if there is any local
laws. Maybe google your town and knife law and see what pops up.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

You carryin' this blade as a fashion statement or a 'tool'? 'Ever been inna knife fight? You don't want'a be... trust me. All your friends do this or that... so? If you have a valid reason to carry the knife... do it. If no reason... don't do it.

chrsjhnsn

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
You carryin' this blade as a fashion statement or a 'tool'? 'Ever been inna knife fight? You don't want'a be... trust me. All your friends do this or that... so? If you have a valid reason to carry the knife... do it. If no reason... don't do it.
I respectfully disagree Sonora Rebel, 16 years old is certainly
old enough to, A: be a victim of a crime, B:carry a knife.
A K-Bar would be better then a folder in a fight, he isn't old enough to carry a gun
and no one should have to give a "reason" to exercise their rights.
Plenty of 16 year old's died in the Revolutionary war, fighting for a Bill Of Rights, not a bill of "reasons" to enjoy these rights.
Society lets 16 year old people drive cars, a lot more deadly then a knife!
My uncle gave me a machine gun at 17. (uncle sam).

Personally, I would carry a folder, but that wasn't the topic.

ubertrunks

imported post

im asking because i had to use my pocket knife in a situation last weekend... it didnt work. this mexican was packing a mac-11 what the hell was i supposed to do?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

ubertrunks wrote:
im asking because i had to use my pocket knife in a situation last weekend... it didnt work. this mexican was packing a mac-11 what the hell was i supposed to do?
Run like hell!

ubertrunks

imported post

LOL i wish i had the nads to do that but no what happened was i was in the parking lot at the mall putting stuff into my trunk this mexican stands right behind me and sticks his hand in my pocket trying to take my wallet so i turned around and pulled out my knife and hes got a mac-11. I thought I was dead. So I really didn't have anywhere to run. I called the cops but I had no idea who this guy was so good luck finding him.

ca2az96

imported post

ubertrunks wrote:
I'm 16 and all of my friends carry pocket knives concealed. I think that is legal but I'm not a fan of pocket knives I'd rather carry a 7" Ka-Bar at my side. That way i might not even have to use it.
Haven't you ever heard the saying, "Never bring a knife to a Gunfight"? :lol:

ubertrunks

imported post

Yes, many times. I would carry a handgun but I am not old enough. I don't know why I didn't stab him in the throat I would have loved to but I guess I'm just not mature enough to be in control of a situation like that.

ca2az96

imported post

Recovering Californian wrote:

Haven't you ever heard the saying, "Never bring a knife to a Gunfight"? :lol:

ubertrunks wrote:
Yes, many times. I would carry a handgun but I am not old enough. I don't know why I didn't stab him in the throat I would have loved to but I guess I'm just not mature enough to be in control of a situation like that.
Sorry, it was just my poor attempt at a joke :D

Sonora Rebel

imported post

ubertrunks wrote:
'Cause you'd be a dead teenager with a knife in your hand. 'Sure that MAC-11 wasn't an Airsoft look-alike? Not usually the weapon of choice for a street mugging. So... what' theBeanerMacget?

chrsjhnsn

imported post

ubertrunks, I'm on your side so please don't take this wrong.
You had very poor situational awareness, carrying stuff from the store
to your car is one of the most common places to get victimized.
Also you need to google "Tueller drill" believe it or not, at the distance you described
a knife is better then a gun!
I recommend you take mix martial arts or something of that nature, you
need more then a weapon. ( everyone does, not you personally)
If you're prepared, then the most dangerous weapon is the one you
always have, a brain.
go to www.thehighroad.us and join and read the strategy and tactics section.