• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Friends of the NRA

BobR

imported post

There was a partial OC meeting this last Saturday at the Friends of the NRA dinner.

A very "partial" meeting. :(

Maybe we can do better next time. :D

The next FNRA in Spokane will be the first weekend in March, 2010. ;)

On the positive side, I was able to stuff every person's take home folder of stuff with a WA gun rights pamphlet. Thanks to surf providing me with some pamphlets, it was easily done. The good thing is that I saw a lot of people reading it. My wife mentioned she saw a lot of women reading it, even a couple on a couch outside the meeting room reading and discussing it.

There were several people OC'ing there (including David.Car), other than the ones doing the "cowboy" carry thing. The only person who mentioned mine was a fellow lefty who asked how I felt about the ambi safety. I didn't hear a thing from anyone else about the fact I was OC.

Our table won a few things, not everything but it was respectable. One person won a 410 single shot shotgun and another person won one of the big prizes for the night. He won a NRA 1 of 1100 edition of the Kimber CDP, a nice small .45 that will make a perfect bug.

Hopefully, the pamphlets in the package will be read by more, and there will be a better understanding of OC because of it.

Education is the key, and using events like this to further the education will go a long ways.

bob

surfj9009

imported post

Way cool that somebody won the Kimber!!!!! Awesome, I wish I was there. That's awesome that so many pamphlets got out there.

Good job guys!!

So who wants to help work the gunshow on the 3rd, 4th and 5th?:dude: