• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad mouthing OCDO....

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I know this is the washington thread but none the less you guys know more than I do about where to get the CORRECT info. Some directionis all I was wanting to get for these guys so that OCDO wasnt catching $#!! for the false info that was gotten off of this site. Washgnton or not, not all of us are from here....

bugly

imported post

This still kind of applies to Washington, a vague law about open carry.

I think we should all (as a nation) should get together and force our servants (the government) to clarify ALL "laws" they have written or take them off the books completely until clarified.

Did any of you know it is illegal to carry a fish bowl onto a public bus in Seattle?

...or that it is STILL illegal to "deflower" a virgin in this state?

These are all still on the books, as a result of somebody's personal agenda and have yet to be either clarified or removed.

Oh, yeah, don't get caught with a lollipop, they're illegal too!:celebrate

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/washington

Tawnos

imported post

bugly wrote:
This still kind of applies to Washington, a vague law about open carry.

I think we should all (as a nation) should get together and force our servants (the government) to clarify ALL "laws" they have written or take them off the books completely until clarified.

Did any of you know it is illegal to carry a fish bowl onto a public bus in Seattle?

...or that it is STILL illegal to "deflower" a virgin in this state?

These are all still on the books, as a result of somebody's personal agenda and have yet to be either clarified or removed.

Oh, yeah, don't get caught with a lollipop, they're illegal too!:celebrate

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/washington
I see those dumb laws, but I'd like to actually know where they reside (what code - is it a city code? where?)

Evidence is needed of those "silly laws" - I have yet to find source for (m)any of them.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
I see those dumb laws, but I'd like to actually know where they reside (what code - is it a city code? where?)

Evidence is needed of those "silly laws" - I have yet to find source for (m)any of them.
I find such odd laws interesting and also am usually stymied in my attempt to find proof. For example, a key word search of Seattle's muni code on Municode.com yields no evidence of this law within the scope of my search ability.

*yea it's off topic, but I didn't start it ... :p *

bugly

imported post

indeed, off topic, I've seen some of this stuff in some of the older law books, but it's been years. The fact that many of them are still on the books is probably only because they've never been repealed and were forgotten.

surfj9009

imported post

Still off topic, but holy crap!!! From Seattle:

"You may not carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length."

I guess I should cancel my RPG order then.....:D

just_a_car

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:

Link? First I've heard of this.

FMCDH

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
surfj9009 wrote:

Link? First I've heard of this.
Yes, I would like the link for where you were ordering your RPG too!

Good call Just a car. ;)