• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PETITION ACT NOW BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!

core781

imported post

In light with all that has been going on with anti-gun groups in and around the capital, I decided to setup a petition, to allow gun owners to let Washington know how they feel about being ostracized and having our 2nd Amendment rights taken away.

You may have heard the Attorney General announce his and the Obama Administrations plans to allow neighboring Mexico to dictate our Constitutional rights by creating a permanent Assault Weapons Ban. This is only one of several unconstitutional laws they intend to pass, another being HR45 which is even more invasive than a Assault Weapons Ban. Making it impossible to purchase or own weapons without extensive licensing and submission of physical and mental health exams.

The Senate and the Supreme Court Justice has been taking a stance of denial and subversion, as the media attempts to discover the plans behind this new Administration. They are taking multiple steps to ensure our right to bare arms is eventually permanently revoked and I suggest we take action before it's to late.

I ask that everyone who feels passionately about this sign the petition and pass on the information to as many of your friends as possible. It takes a few minutes of your time and will send a message to the President and Attorney General that we will not allow them to take away our guns!

Follow the link and leave your electronic signature it only takes a minute!

http://www.petitiononline.com/9j4b58c2/petition.html

cbunt1

imported post

How about updating the terms to indicate that the "arms" referred to by the 2nd amendment includes not only assault rifles, handguns, sporting weapons, etc. but also: Knives, Rocks, bayonets, and any other device/weapon?

core781

imported post

Good point, but slingshots and rocks are not an effective component to the modern day battlefield. When the 2nd was written the musket was the equivalent to the modern day military rifle. A defensive militia will need these tools to have any chance of opposing an invasion. It wasn't that long ago that America faced a serious threat of invasion from Imperial Japan. The CJCS and intelligence community assessed that Japan could make it in as far as Chicago before we could stop their forces. China is a growing threat strategically, even though we trade openly with them, they are an economic monster and pose the greatest threat to our nation. Obama needs to stop fighting the sale of small arms and work on long term economic solutions. I see the anti-gun agenda and the "war on drugs" as being a distraction from the big picture. I'm not saying we should not continue to fight crime, I'm just saying if we go broke we will not be able to fight anything. Everything has it's place, and I believe our law enforcement is doing a fine job at enforcing the law. The military is clearly doing its job, and America citizens need to be able to do our jobs if the time should ever come to fight for our freedom.

I was recently approached by someone who told me a petition is pointless in the eyes of politicians. This may be in some ways true, but we are supporting a grass roots effort to save our Constitutional rights! I live in an area where open carry is legal but it's highly likely I would go to jail if I carry openly. This is not acceptable, so my hats off to all of you who support this effort. Thanks for your support!

TatankaGap

imported post

[size="+1"]To: President of the U.S. & Attorney General of the U.S.[/size] A Petition for the Sovereignty of the Second Amendment in the Constitution of the United States of America

Whereas:

1. The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees that every American shall be granted the right of “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”,

2. “Arms” as stated in the Second Amendment of the U.S Constitution includes all Arms, including those with the designation of Assault Weapon, Military, and Tactical, not merely defined as hunting and sporting ,

3. We demand as Americans that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution be upheld and rights therein shall not be infringed!

Sincerely,
The Undersigned

I would like to sign this but I am a stickler when it comes to expressing my rights. The right to keep and bear arms precedes the US Constitution; it is part of natural law as is the right of self-defense. In Heller, this is mentioned that the RTKBA predates the 2A that's why it says such right shall not be infringed.

If Item 1 said "The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees that THE INALIENABLE RIGHT ENDOWED BY OUR CREATOR TO every American, namely "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”,

I like Items 2 and 3.

You might also say after the "whereas, WE AFFIRM THAT:"

core781

imported post

Unfortunately Natural Law, is not clearly defined legally and certain schools of thought do not recognize a "Creator." And despite this the Constitution is the only binding resolution for our nation, so any law prior or since can be interpreted in any way the courts see fit. Unlike them the Bill of Rights in the Constitution was intended to be littoral, despite the intentions to keep the rest of the Constitution amendable.
I like to idea that we all have to right to defend ourselves naturally, but it doesn't specify anything about arms.

TatankaGap

imported post

Isn't 'endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights" recognized by just about everyone?

If you read the Heller case closely, it says that the right to bear arms and self-defense as practiced at the time of the 1780s was based on the everyman's understanding of natural law -

I like your idea of proactive action - if you make a few changes in the Petition, I think it would be more effective -

core781

imported post

I didn't specify in the original post, you can distribute it to anyone or anywhere online or otherwise. Thanks for asking though, and thanks for your support!