• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can't find one, build one!!!

grumpycoconut

imported post

I've got a Glock 22 that I like to use with a Surefire X200 light. The only holsters available are plastic and I hate plastic holsters if I'm in soft cloths. It's ugly, it's stiff and it's got no soul. Animals must die so that I can carry my gat in style. So anyway, I couldn't find any leather holsters for my pistol/light combo and I figured I'd try my hand at leather bending. You know what? It ain't hard. It's work, but it aint hard.

Here's the work in progress. Just need to figure out the angles for the belt loops and figure out how to finish it. So far I'm into it $20 and 4 hours of work. Anyone know how to burnish the edges smooth?

holster1.jpg

Next thing I'm working on is either a pancake for my daughter's P22 or another one of these with a thumb snap.

TFED12

imported post

Safariland makes this leather holster for Glock 22 with light.

Safariland 6285-8310-61
Safariland 6285-8310-61 6285 Duty Holster, RH, Plain Black, Glock 17/22 w/Light (#6285-8310-61)

Safariland-6285-8310-61-rw-38419-42614.jpg

Gordie

imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
Snip:Anyone know how to burnish the edges smooth?

I've used the wheel from a pulley before and it worked pretty well.

Go to a hardware store and get a plastic wheeled pulley with a wheel diameter of 1 1/2 to 2 inches, take the wheel out, wet down the leather a little bit and rub the edge in the wheel groove.

I imagine that anything with a similar groove in it will work as long as it's smooth.

Barnett3006

imported post

Good lookin holster.

Do what Gordie said to burnish the edges.

If you want a good custom fit to your gun, wrap your gun tightly with 2 layers of plastic wrap so that it is water tight. Soak the holster in warm water for about 10 minutes until it is real soft and pliable, then towel off the excess water. Now stick your plastic wrapped gun into the wet holster and let it dry. It also real easy to bone the leather while its wet, so you can get nice sharp lines real easy if you want.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Nice work!

Galco makes a holster that'll accomodate a Glock with a Weaponlight! It's a leather pancake style that doesn't look too bad. No angle to the belt loops though! I don't remember the name of the holster though...

Just had to go look, it's called the Halo Belt Holster! I kinda like the looks of yours a little better though! I had the same problem a few years back! I had a Springfield XD with a Surefire X-200 on it and had to have a saddle shop custom make a holster for me! It ran about $80 and it didn't turn out too bad! I carried the heck outta that rig!!