• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"..gunfire disrupted a quiet lunch at a popular restaurant in Provo.."

scorpioajr

imported post

" It's another case of a gun that belonged to a concealed-carry permit holder going off in public."

" It's the second time in just a couple of months that a concealed weapon permit holder's gun has misfired in a public restaurant."

...Man, is it just me, or are they REALLY trying to lap the reader in the face with the fact that it was a CFP holder. geez..:uhoh:

"The state will investigate and decide if the man will get to keep his permit or if it will be suspended or revoked." -OUCH!

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5827833

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I got the point. The state should include in its training guidelines that one should not scratch his nuts through the trigger guard of a pistol.

And KSL used that "accidental" word again. Pure negligence, guns do not "go off".

thx997303

imported post

Maybe I did miss your point, I was in a bad mood earlier.

I agree with you, morons are morons.

(note to self, think before posting. especially when in a bad mood.)

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Why don't they ever point out that there are NO nd's with OC'ing?
It just can't happen, the same retension devices we use to keep the
gun in the holster, and away from the bad guys, also keeps the gun
from running off and shooting itself.

Why don't the press ever ambush the trainers about thier outstanding students?
I would love to have seen Paxlico instuctor questioned about his student.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
hmm, you mean the mandatory state training does not make these people better than anyone?
Morons are morons, no matter what the training. YOU should know that.
So far bro-

i have only ever heard, form the media, of CFPers having the Accidental Discharges. Care to share any experiences you may have had? :lol:

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
i have only ever heard, form the media, of CFPers having the Accidental Discharges. Care to share any experiences you may have had? :lol:
I plead the fifth, you son of a monkeys ass!:cuss::p
Lol!!!!

MINI%20ME%20%282%29.jpg

You clearly missed me...:lol:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

oooOOOOOOHHH SNAP!!!

Care to share something with the group, guys?!?!? :question::question:

swjr

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

oooOOOOOOHHH SNAP!!!

Care to share something with the group, guys?!?!? :question::question:
Lol! I know what they're talking about... :shock:

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Lol!!!!
You clearly missed me...:lol:
Bout time you came back, its been boring with the SGT telling me how wrong I am about everything and THX asserting his small man syndrome on me. :p
You're never wrong, just misunderstood. Kinda like cold sores...

EDITED FOR THE GRAMMAR POLICE!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Holy sheepschnit! It's threads like this one that make me appreciate thoughtpolice's contributions! You and 9MM, kee up the "pissing" contest! :celebrate

Since TP revealed his "ND" story, I think it is only appropriate that we all share our "emarassing gun stories". Here's mine.

WhenI was 11, my grandfather passed away. He had a decent gun collection, and left a few of them to myself and my older brother. We kept them all in a gun cabinet in my mom's room, which I had access to.

We had always had long guns in the home, but never a pistol. One of the arms he left my brother was an old Colt .22 pistol. When I was a tween, I was getting my shotgun out to shoot some clays, and saw my brother's pistol there in the cabinet.

I was alone, and probably did the same thing the kid in Provo did this week. I inserted the magazine, racked the slide, and took the mag out. I was curious about the operation of the handgun, since I had never held one before.

I forgot thatI had loaded a round into the chamber, but luckily I was alone and hadremembered the safety rules. I pointed the pistol down, in the direction of my mom's bed, andpulled the trigger to drop the hammer back to its unladed position.

I put a .22lr through my mom's bed at point blank range! The comforted even had powder burns on it! The round traveled through the matress and box spring, and through the sub floor of our home into the crawl space below.

The same cannot be said for somebody's 9MM, which got stuck in the wood frameof the box spring matress. That person may choose to identify him or herself later, or you can search for the answer for now. ;)

Anyways, the comforter was a flowery pattern, and hid the powder burn rather well after cleaning. I am not sure if my mom ever found the holes in her covers, sheets, matress, floor, et al.

So, which one of you narcs is gonna tell my mommy on me? :uhoh: