• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"..gunfire disrupted a quiet lunch at a popular restaurant in Provo.."

scorpioajr

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
...I think it is only appropriate that we all share our "embarrassing gun stories".
Never had an AD, hope i never do. Only embarrassing thing ever to happen to me and a gun would be dropping an empty mag in the mud...so yea...

...gun safety ppl.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
...I think it is only appropriate that we all share our "embarrassing gun stories".
Never had an AD, hope i never do. Only embarrassing thing ever to happen to me and a gun would be dropping an empty mag in the mud...so yea...

...gun safety ppl.
By the way 9mm, I was OCing during my AD. Guess the high primercouldnt differentiate between CC andOC. :p
Since (expletive) when have you ever OCed??

AND where you forced at gunpoint to do it? Im confused...

combatcarry

imported post

What kind of gun was it?

What safety features does this gun have? No manual safety? Long heavy trigger pull?

My guess is its a KelTec P-9.
10017671.jpg

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
hmm, you mean the mandatory state training does not make these people better than anyone?
No it doesn't. I trust we all recall the Riverton (??) police chief who shot himself while TEACHING a concealed weapons course? He was POST certified.

NO training will eliminate all problems, especially when 150,000 persons from all walks of life, all intelligence and ability levels, etc, are involved.

What the class does tend to do is help a person be FAR better informed about the use of deadly force laws in the State of Utah and off-limit locations. How many threads have we had here on such topics by those who clearly have NOT taken the course?

The class is also a requirement for a Utah concealed weapons permit. That permit allows a person to legally carry a gun in school zones (and when one realizes that every tech school including the beauty colleges in the strip malls, as are all the licensed pre-schools in peoples' homes) are all "schools" for purposes of the Utah gun free law, I think it is all but impossible to legally carry in any suburban or urban area of Utah without a permit. The permit allows the gun to be carried fully loaded while walking about on public streets.

I FULLY understand someone not wanting a permit. I avoided one for several years.

I don't think ANY permit should be required to carry, OC, concealed, casually concealed, loaded, empty, etc. But I don't have a million dollars and 2 years of my life to devote to a SCOTUS challenge that would likely fail anyway.

That all said, there is NO REASON for anyone here to be hostile or condesending toward those who do have permits, who choose to CC or CCC rather than OC on some or even most or all occassions. No doubt, some with permits would throw the permit-free OCer to the sharks. Even THAT is not grounds for engaging in similar "friendly fire."

We can hang together (even if some number of permit holders get holier than thou and some number of OCers go looking for confrontation needlessly), or we shall surely hang seperately.

Let's not go looking for reasons to have divisions among the gun community.

Charles

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
combatcarry wrote:
Here is the Keltec P-9 for comparison.
Looking at the P-9's slide stop/lock location, it DOES resemble the handgun involved. Just with an extended magazine or a "comfort" mag? yea..
Not to be tooo nitpicky but it looks like a KelTec PF-9 to me... I am not familiar with a Keltec P9:lol:

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
WhenI was 11, my grandfather passed away. He had a decent gun collection, and left a few of them to myself and my older brother. We kept them all in a gun cabinet in my mom's room, which I had access to.

We had always had long guns in the home, but never a pistol. One of the arms he left my brother was an old Colt .22 pistol. When I was a tween, I was getting my shotgun out to shoot some clays, and saw my brother's pistol there in the cabinet.

I was alone, and probably did the same thing the kid in Provo did this week. I inserted the magazine, racked the slide, and took the mag out. I was curious about the operation of the handgun, since I had never held one before.

I forgot thatI had loaded a round into the chamber, but luckily I was alone and hadremembered the safety rules. I pointed the pistol down, in the direction of my mom's bed, andpulled the trigger to drop the hammer back to its unladed position.

I put a .22lr through my mom's bed at point blank range! The comforted even had powder burns on it! The round traveled through the matress and box spring, and through the sub floor of our home into the crawl space below.
(You never told me this!!!)

The same cannot be said for somebody's 9MM, which got stuck in the wood frameof the box spring matress. That person may choose to identify him or herself later, or you can search for the answer for now. ;)
(who are you referring to dear?)

Anyways, the comforter was a flowery pattern, and hid the powder burn rather well after cleaning. I am not sure if my mom ever found the holes in her covers, sheets, matress, floor, et al.
(does she still have the same comforter?) - I will have to do some inspecting this next week and then maybe tattle tell on you if I find something! Either way she will get a kick out of it or nod of the head with a little smirk.

So, which one of you narcs is gonna tell my mommy on me? :uhoh:

b1ack5mith

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
I do believe you missed my point.

Nope, I got it loud and clear. I think it is YOU who missed MY point.

EDIT. SGT, I scratch my nuts with the hammer, that way if it goes off I still have my bait and tackle.:?
speaking of bait and tackle, anyone wanna go fishing this weekend? i gotta pay a friend of mine off in fish LOL! (literally.)

b1ack5mith

imported post

sad to see morons playing with guns in public (loaded ones) with their "concealed permit" which makes them the best shooter on earth, and unsurpassed safety knowledge.

on the bright side, TUCKER CONTACTED ME! he said hes been in training and to give him a call soon. hey kevin, when you get back, you and i gotta go on a far hike or somethin! ive been wanting to hike to the top of the mountains near our house, and west mountain, to get amazing pics of the region

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

packingmama wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
I put a .22lr through my mom's bed at point blank range! The comforted even had powder burns on it! The round traveled through the matress and box spring, and through the sub floor of our home into the crawl space below.
(You never told me this!!!)

The same cannot be said for somebody's 9MM, which got stuck in the wood frameof the box spring matress. That person may choose to identify him or herself later, or you can search for the answer for now. ;)
(who are you referring to dear?)

Anyways, the comforter was a flowery pattern, and hid the powder burn rather well after cleaning. I am not sure if my mom ever found the holes in her covers, sheets, matress, floor, et al.
(does she still have the same comforter?) - I will have to do some inspecting this next week and then maybe tattle tell on you if I find something! Either way she will get a kick out of it or nod of the head with a little smirk.

So, which one of you narcs is gonna tell my mommy on me? :uhoh:

I should have known that of all the rats on this board, that my wife would be the first one to spill the beans. :banghead:

So dear, what is your embarassing gun related story? :question:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
But hey SGT, why dont you ask him about burying all his gear because "da gubment" was comin to get it? hahaha, jk 9mm!!!:p

What's wrong with burial? I did the same thin... uuuhh...

I mean... I lost all of my gear in a freak steamroller accident. :uhoh:

index2.php
index2.php

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
You guys are paranoid as @#$%. You and 9mm should get together, pool your money and buy a bunch of appliances and get drunkand piss on them. You are cut from the same cloth.:shock::p

What the F... Don't you sleep at night? Have nothing better to do thancriticize us?

Or are you too consumed by clinging to your guns and your religion? ;)