• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange county OC meeting?!

wolfeinstein

imported post

Hey all!

I went to the San Diego OC meeting and it was fun and succesful, NOW it is time to set up an Orange County OC meeting.

I have seen a lot of Orange County people in here, wanting to set up one.

Let's see how many people would want to come and let's hear some suggestions

where we should go.

Gabriel

Mykal

imported post

Set up the place and the time and ill show. I suggest you set up a neutral place far from schools, and where we can walk around educating the populus. Stated in anotrher post, the Irvine Spectrum is out.

demnogis

imported post

Keep in mind it could be a pub, or restaurant with a bar as there are currently no laws in CA prohibiting a person who is (lawfully, I hope) possessing a firearm from being in/at a bar.

There's masses of chain restaurants, and plenty of really good family-owned restaurants in Orange County.

There's Stonefire Grill on Brookhurst in Huntington Beach. One of my fav's.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Stonefire+grill,+Huntington+Beach+CA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.025693,76.289063&ie=UTF8&ll=33.727481,-117.91214&spn=0.118784,0.298004&z=12&iwloc=A

dizarmyguy

imported post

I'd suggest against Stonefire Grill although we would be on private property. We would be within a 1000' of a school. I Google Earth it. There is a school on the west side of the shopping center and it is only some 850' or so from the Stonefire Grills street address. The school is named Fred Moiola Elemetary School with the address of 9790 Finch Ave Fountain Valley, CA 92708. I used the ruler feature on Google Earth for this, so the distance from Stonefire Grill's distance to the school is as the crow flies. Another site would probably be needed for an Orange County OC event.

wolfeinstein

imported post

Why do we have to be in a restaurant we should be outside so the public can be educated.

What about Hungtington beach pier? Balboa island is free of schools and packed with restaurants and area to walk around, Balboa pier also good.

Long Beach By the Queen Marry?

what do you guys think?

Mykal

imported post

wolfeinstein wrote:
Why do we have to be in a restaurant we should be outside so the public can be educated.

What about Hungtington beach pier? Balboa island is free of schools and packed with restaurants and area to walk around, Balboa pier also good.

Long Beach By the Queen Marry?

what do you guys think?

I get hungry after a long walk. I would like somewhere to sit my ass down and rest.

EDIT: Queen Mary is in LA County, and its pretty secluded, from walking patrons.

eraseallhope

imported post

How about the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana?

Family atmosphere, Nice resturant, and a learning experience....

We can walk around the museum, Interact with other families as well as with our own, and spread the good word of UOC hahaha

and afterwards people can eat

I dunno if its next to a school or anything, Just my idea...run with it.

pullnshoot25

imported post

I might be down if it is the right day. If you want, I will put the event up on my blog for increased exposure. PM or email me when you have the chance and we can chat.

BTW wolfenstein, which one were you? I know we talked but I can't remember your face... sorry!

prplqun

imported post

When you stop and thank about were the school are in the OC it is going to really hard to find a place that is more 1000 from a school. The only place that I can think that is not that is a large area is the fair grounds in Costa Mesa, but I may even be wrong about that.

dizarmyguy

imported post

I use to work at the fair grounds and there are 2 schools across the street from the fair grounds. Off Arlington Ave, you have Costa Mesa HS at the corner of Fairview and Arlington, then an elementary school on Arlington across from one of the gates. Also Costa Mesa PD HQ is across the street on the other side. The fair grounds is also a gov./county area also so I don't think we would be able to do it there. During the gun show there that they have does allow UOC, but you gotta stay inside the chainlink fence they have during the show. If you were thinking of UOCing at the market place during the weekends there you could count that out also, they have a strict no weapons policy (no guns/no knives, etc.) and is clearly stated at their entrances. Sorry to be barer of bad news.