• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange county OC meeting?!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Is there no part of Orange County unincorporated such that you could hold an OC meet up where load checks would be precluded as there would be no bvar to loaded OC?

Am thinking a county park out in the rural part of the Conty perhaps?

prplqun

imported post

There are parts of Santa Ana Hills and Orange that are. I will have to check with my girl form Highway portal where that is for sure. I think that it is all houseing area but not sure.

SOCAL_Jason

imported post

I'm in San Clemente and I have a few friends that were suggesting that we go to the San Clemente Pier, there are 2-3 restaurants and alot of beach to walk on and edumacate:D the public!

Jason in San Clem

prplqun

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Update on date/time? Can we aim for weekend of April 11th/12th?
This is Easter weekend. I know that I will be spending that weekend with family out of town. I really want to come so that I can get some questions answered so that I can start OC, but I will be out of town.

SOCAL_Jason

imported post

The 11th or 12 is OUT because it's EASTER and people want to be with their families. Plus I cross posted this thread to Calguns.net and another person suggested we research the OCCO's and SCMC's (county ordinances and city municipal codes) to cover all the bases.

This is my opinion only but yours may vary.

J

4armed Architect

imported post

SOCAL_Jason wrote:
SNIP... Plus I cross posted this thread to Calguns.net and another person suggested we research the OCCO's and SCMC's (county ordinances and city municipal codes) to cover all the bases.

This is my opinion only but yours may vary.

J
SOCAL Jason brings up a good point. If you wish to LOC in OC, the County ordinances regarding discharge of a firearm must be reviewed. Among other things, LOC where discharge is prohibited, will get you into trouble(unless you have some sort of exemption listed in the CA codes, etc.). Don't simply assume that if you are in unicorporated area(outside city limits) that you are OK to LOC. See the State Penal Code section below:

Code:
12031.  (a) (1) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm when
he or she carries a loaded firearm on his or her person in a
vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an
incorporated city or in any public place or on any public street in a
prohibited area of unincorporated territory.

(f) As used in this section, "prohibited area" means any place
where it is unlawful to discharge a weapon.
As always, consult your legal counsel. Since I am not a lawyer(IANAL), do not take this as legal advice. Just a "heads up".

"The Goal Is Control"

prplqun

imported post

If it is the 19th I will be there, just tell me when. I will not be OC because I do not have everything that I need to OC just yet and really want to meet others before starting to do so as well.

demnogis

imported post

Hmm... There's always In N Out on Chapman!

North County or South County does not matter to me. What kind of population size do we want to be around? Restaurant or fast food?

We know Carrows' policy on Firearms is they're OK with it.

There's a Carrows on Chapman that is far enough away from any k-12 school.

Burger joint? Steak house? Seafood? There's endless options in Orange County.

inetprez

imported post

Agreed on Carrows, anyone who is okay with it should be supported. What city is the Carrows on Chapman in? Also, we might want to notify their local PD so as to avoid any potential issues. Whatever the case, if we do OC, we need cameras rolling.