• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

College and the Second Ammendment

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well this is my first semester at college. In college we write many papers of course, some of which you are allowed to use your own subject manner. I find myself writing a great deal about the second ammendment for many reasons. I can find tons of information on it, it has a pro and anti group (I'm a pro-gun guy of course!), it deals with personal liberties, crime, local/state/federal politics and it's something I'm passionate about. How many of you that are in college find yourself writing about the second ammenment and or open carry? I usually find myself writing allot more than the minnimum writing requirement since as I said there is soooo much information. Also what do your teachers and schools think about it? Do they label you as a crazy? So far my teachers have been respectfull, but once again this will only be one semester of college under my belt.

Ben

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I've had no problems so far and I'm going into my 4th year.

My original proposal for my comp2 research was campus carry.The professor for that class was admittedly liberal, but also had no problem with my selection and was even interested in the idea of faculty being able to carry (even though she had no firearms experience). I've even had a parking ticket appeal letter that touched on the issue and I haven't been dragged off by campus security yet.

As you can see by the link provided by the guy above me, your experience will vary by professor. Make every effort to come across as the nice guy and you shouldn't have an issue with any normal people, wack jobs like the professor at Central are another issue...

foxcall

imported post

I'm in my 4th year at Virginia Tech, haven't had any problems yet (yea imagine that).

I've written a few papers about choice of firearm for home defense, overturning the campus' prohibition of guns policy - even given a speech on the subject, etc.

It all boils down to the professor - but don't let that stifle your 1A rights. Just do what you gotta do