• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second amendment march

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Has anyone heard about this?

http://secondamendmentmarch.com/

from the website:
Welcome to the Second Amendment March - we are thrilled that you are here! The response to this event has been overwhelming thanks to freedom-minded individuals like you. Since the announcement of this event, we have received hundreds of emails of encouragement and support. We wanted to get this site up as soon as possible to greet fellow Second Amendment supporters. Why are we doing this? Here are a few quotes that we think sum it up pretty well: "We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls." ~Robert J. McCracken "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759 "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775 Every soul yearns for freedom, and we will not let that freedom be denied.

Overtaxed

imported post

Sure have...

My opinion only... but I think that the key cities to show up at would be DC and New York (it's supposed to be a coordinated, multi-city march)

Creating a 2A outpost in those places could have a disproportionate effect... if the event gets attention from the media.

Too bad the protestwarrior site seems to be out of operation... they would have been
helpful to get the message out to young conservatives.

I'm already planning on going to DC in 2010!