• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A&P Arms

mpg9999

imported post

Anyone ever shop or open carry at the one off of Mercury in Hampton?I've always cc'd and notified them (per their instructions on the door). I guess I wont ever find out about open carrying there...

I will never go there again. A few weeks ago I stoped in and asked if they had any M1A's. They had the one I wanted coming in in a few days. I was leaving town for work for two weeks, so I left a deposit on it.

By the way, the attitude of the employee there is terrible. He acts annoyed that he has to help anyone.

So anyways, I get back into town and go to pick up my rifle. I walk up to the guy and said "I'm here to pick up a rifle". He throws his hands up in the air in a rude gesture as if to say so what. He then says in an annoyed tone "got a reciept?". I guess he didnt notice the giant reciept I was holding in my hand... I hand it to him and he brings out a box and has me fill out one of their sales reciepts. He asked for my two forms ofID, and credit card and I give it to him. After I finish filling out the form I open up the box to inspect the rifle. It's got the wrong stock on it. I look at the model number on my original receipt, and the model number on the box. They are different. The one employee was still running my card, so I say to the other person there (who doesn't seem to have the same attitutde problem as the one I was dealing with) that this is the wrong rifle. He replies "Didnt you look at it before you left a deposit?". I said no, because the rifle wasnt in the store yet. The other employee comes over and says well it could be 6 months until we get another one. I told him to just refund my money then. He says sure, there will be a 10% restocking fee. I could feel my blood start to boil. They give me the wrong rifle and now want to charge me a 10% restocking fee? I explained this to him and he begrudgingly refunded my money. I will hapily take my business elsewhere from now on.

wolf-father

imported post

My first and last time I was there the guy was more worried about people on the phone then the person in front of him. While on the phone he threw a part on the counter and walked away after the person was asking questions about the fit for his gun.

byrdj

imported post

I've bought two AR's there before and have dealt with the same man you mention. I just chalked it up as just another grumpy old man. However, mixing up your purchase and then having it handled the way it was would definitely chap my a$$ too.

noah

imported post

Unfortunately it is like that at many gun stores. There has been many times I've been to a store for the guy behind the counter to give me wrong info like it is gospel. Better to just move on to the next until you find a good one.

Sea_Chicken

imported post

The biggest problem I have with the gun stores here is the price jacking over every little whim about obama. The only place in hampton roads that seems to keep good prices I've run into is The Armory.

Chkultr

imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
The biggest problem I have with the gun stores here is the price jacking over every little whim about obama. The only place in hampton roads that seems to keep good prices I've run into is The Armory.
AMEN to that! not a huge selection, but Bill and Marie treat you as a customer. I personally will not shop any of the other stores.

The reason I found the Armory....I too went into A&P arms, but at Lynnhaven..Guy behind the counter (DORN) bald headed with his ass on his shoulders.. I asked to see the Kimber Ultra Carry in stainless. This gun had just been released. He looked at me and said "You don't look like you can afford it, so no I'm not getting it down for you." Talking about making your blood boil!:cuss:

IMHO no one is above anyone else.

jermflux

imported post

Chkultra, it prob didn't help that when you saw the price of the hi-point you said "100 dolla's! Good lord that's alot o' money! lordy lordy!" Just kidding bro :p

I remember looking at three Keltecs; p3at, p11, and pf9. The kinda Asian guy Tim said they were all blowback designs. I tend to over research before making a purchase so when I heard that I just thought "Well, these must all be broken because the barrel keeps tilting up."

At least they don't charge extra for the 'tude like at supiereor. If the MSRP is $650, by golly that's what your gonna pay.

Armory is best but sometimes getting info on orders is like pulling teeth unless dealing with the owners.

Chkultr

imported post

jermflux wrote:
Chkultra, it prob didn't help that when you saw the price of the hi-point you said "100 dolla's! Good lord that's alot o' money! lordy lordy!" Just kidding bro :p

I remember looking at three Keltecs; p3at, p11, and pf9. The kinda Asian guy Tim said they were all blowback designs. I tend to over research before making a purchase so when I heard that I just thought "Well, these must all be broken because the barrel keeps tilting up."

At least they don't charge extra for the 'tude like at supiereor. If the MSRP is $650, by golly that's what your gonna pay.

Armory is best but sometimes getting info on orders is like pulling teeth unless dealing with the owners.
That Hi Point was a little pricey, but atleast it was new. Not a trade in with a new gun price!

AbNo

imported post

Man, I'm glad I never have problems at the Rockingham CoOp. :)

jermflux wrote:
Zing! :lol:

Chkultr

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Man, I'm glad I never have problems at the Rockingham CoOp. :)

jermflux wrote:
Zing! :lol:
Yea yea got to let the brother in law get a few in every once in a while

Joed757

imported post

Only tru tude I had to deal with was RON HESS on tidewater drive.Me and my father (A preacher and NO fan of guns) went in an noticed his rules no cell phones and looked at each other and walked in. Upon entering he was helping a man and woman pick a gun for her well i wouldnt say helping.He made it seem like she was bothering her plus she didnt know much about guns and he exposed her ignorance and more. Im not even going to say what happened with me.Im black and the woman and man were white so Im not going to sit here and saying it was racism because it was NOT just a very mean guy. I went in yesterday to buy 1000 rounds of .45 auto ammo and asked does he have the amount and he replied I would be lucky to find any. That was mistake number 1 I already had found a source who had 1000 rounds of federal hydro shock hollow 230grains for me for only $600. He asked me was I ready to buy or just pricing he then said well I can price some 500 rounds for you when you have the money ( I had cash to buy the feds right then) I just wanted to see if he had a better deal before i commited. Guess not he had a guess that I was broke and ended up out of pocket. I'll just wait till April 4 when the show is here in Norfolk and go buy that Fed Ammo.

6L6GC

imported post

yeah, years ago. I NEVER will again. Arrogant buncha snobs. They have the most foul attitude you'll ever find. They're even worse than Ron Hess. I wouldn't even remotely consider spending money at either place again.

Joed757

imported post

6L6GC wrote:
yeah, years ago. I NEVER will again. Arrogant buncha snobs. They have the most foul attitude you'll ever find. They're even worse than Ron Hess. I wouldn't even remotely consider spending money at either place again.
WORSE than Ron Hess!? Im not even going to attempt to go to there. I will need a place to shot the AR-15 however. Any places anyone know of?