Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got off the phone with an LEO and I am shocked.

Post imported post

Activist Member

Post imported post

Which law enforcement agency said that?

Post imported post

The next time a LEO tells you something is against the law, have the person cite the law that makes it so.

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    The next time a LEO tells you something is against the law, have the person cite the law that makes it so.
    Re-read the OP paying particular attenetion to this qote:

"You are legally able to holster a weapon on your hip and go to the store, but we arent going to allow it and you will be charged with the misdimeanor of breaching the peace"
    This Jabbut readily admitted that the activity was legal, but threatened to charge him with a crime if he were to actually engage in said activity. See 18USC, Sec 242.

Edit to add:

Good luck with that BoP charge officer Jabbut:

NRS 203.010 Breach of peace. Every person who shall maliciously and willfully disturb the peace or quiet of any neighborhood or person or family by loud or unusual noises, or by tumultuous and offensive conduct, threatening, traducing, quarreling, challenging to fight, or fighting, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. [1911 C&P § 327; RL § 6592; NCL § 10275]—(NRS A 1967, 489; 1971, 150)

How EXACTLY does peaceful OC fit this charge? (See also NRS 200.460 NRS 199.310 NRS 207.190 NRS 207.280 )

Post imported post

Post imported post

I'm also curious what dept gave you this piece of information.

Food for thought:
    NRS 203.010 Breach of peace. Every person who shall maliciously and willfully disturb the peace or quiet of any neighborhood or person or family by loud or unusual noises, or by tumultuous and offensive conduct, threatening, traducing, quarreling, challenging to fight, or fighting, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

OC'ing is not a loud or unusual noise. It's not tumultuous (disruptive) and offensive (maybe tumultuous to some, but not both). It's not threatening, traducing, quarreling. It's not challenging to fight or fighting. I think you could get a lawyer to have a field day if they decide to arrest you for this.

Post imported post

Some Guy Somewhere wrote:
    , but I do not want to jeapordize my chances of being able to cc by skuffs with LEO of my rights.
    As long as you aren't ever convicted of a crime, you can not jeopardize your chances ever. Nevada is a "Shall Issue" state, no LEO can ever form an opinion that you can't have a permit. As long as you meet the legal requirements, you are completely eligible for your CCW.

Some of the Prohibitions of getting your CCW:
    e) Has been convicted of a crime involving the use or threatened use of force or violence punishable as a misdemeanor under the laws of this or any other state, or a territory or possession of the United States at any time during the immediately preceding 3 years. (f) Has been convicted of a felony in this State or under the laws of any state, territory or possession of the United States. (g) Has been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence or stalking, or is currently subject to a restraining order, injunction or other order for protection against domestic violence.

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    BB62 wrote:
    Re-read the OP paying particular attenetion to this qote:

"You are legally able to holster a weapon on your hip and go to the store, but we arent going to allow it and you will be charged with the misdimeanor of breaching the peace"
    The original post was changed to include far more detail AFTER I posted.

Post imported post

Please at least share with us what agency you called. I am guessing it's southern Nevada, I'd be shocked if this were any place but the bottom of the state, say Clark County.

I can't imagine any LEO in northern or western Nevada would say this.

Post imported post

I am working on posting the rest of our long conversation, I called 311, then asked to be transfered to someone who could answer any oc questions I had, I have his badge number and name, wont post obviously. But the reason for me being shocked is not only the tone that was set the instant I said the magic oc words, and I am not sure of all laws, but I do not want to jeapordize my chances of being able to cc by skuffs with LEO of my rights.

Why not post the name and badge number and the station called? These people work for us. They are not secret agents. I for one would like that info posted so we can write the dept and inform them of how out of bounds an officer was. These people would have no concern that your name was posted in a newspaper and online if you were busted for something. So please post the info.

Post imported post

Why do you try to fence with these people? You're not going to win and you're not going to change their opinions. He said they are going to charge you and they will. The Attorney General, although wrong, says they have the right to do that.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

you need to tell us which city and agency this officer is from because i'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind getting our own freedom cycles.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

Man... If someone with legal connections has nothing better to do, they should walk into Smiths until the Metro PD decides to nail him with Breach of Peace.... They'd have a nice, nice settlement from the PD IMHO.

False Arrest? Police Harassment? What does all of this fall under?

Post imported post

Please post nothing else on my thread. If there is a moderator or someone who can delete my account and all posts and quotes, basically, just remove my name from the site. Ill be back, risen from the ashes.

This is @#$%ing ridiculous.

Post imported post

Please post nothing else on my thread. If there is a moderator or someone who can delete my account and all traces of it. Ill be back, risen from the ashes.

Whats the problem? Why are you wanting to back out of this thread? What or whom scared you?

Post imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
    Please post nothing else on my thread. If there is a moderator or someone who can delete my account and all traces of it. Ill be back, risen from the ashes.

Whats the problem? Why are you wanting to back out of this thread? What or whom scared you?
    I tried sending him a PM, and then found out he changed his name to "Some Guy Somewhere", not accepting PM's.

Well, in case you check this thread again, here's my PM:

What's wrong? Please explain what's up, because I'd like to help.

Post imported post

:?

Probably felt like it wasn't a good idea to have his name posted anywhere on this site. If I quoted him, I would sure make sure it didn't appear.

Post imported post

Looks to me like this poster was censored by the board moderator. On the AOL boards we used to refer to this as being TOSed. Violation of Terms of Service.

Post imported post

Or they wanted to retract their post until their full name didn't appear on the website and repost when it was gone.

Just a guess though.

Post imported post

PissedPheonix wrote:
    Or they wanted to retract their post until their full name didn't appear on the website and repost when it was gone.

Just a guess though.
    Bingo.

Post imported post

I didnt see a full name from the poster.

Post imported post

Posters handle was his real name, unable to answer your pm steve, my work computer is going haywire.

Post imported post

Anyone down there in Vegas see any black helicopters today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast