• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunnies

thx997303

imported post

So, I have some ammo here in TX, that I need to get home, and so I decided that instead of having to wade through the somewhat convoluted process of shipping it myself, I would just have one FFL holder ship it to another while I pay them for shipping, and have my wife pick it up there.

So I got on the phone and called Dury's gun shop in San Antonio, and asked them if they would be willing to do this for me. They quickly confirmed that they would gladly do that for me and that all I had to do was bring in the ammo, tell them where I want it shipped, with an address and phone number for the other FFL holder, and they would take care of the rest.

So, I decided that I would try Gunnies to see if they would help me out, and after two call attempts, and very long hold times, I finally got a hold of them, and they told me they wouldn't do it, because the person that is going to pick up the ammo isn't 21.

Keep in mind this is 7.62x39, obviously not handgun ammo.

They said that they wouldn't do it because the law states that you cannot ship ammo to someone under the age of 21. Which is true, but that was the whole point of shipping it through a FFL holder. As it's legal for people the age of 18 sand up to purchase and possess this ammo. But not to ship it to them.

When I explained this to them, the person on the phone actually argued that it was not legal for someone under the age of 21 to purchase this ammo. At which point I was not going to even argue or try to reason with this person, as in my past dealings with this company, it has gotten me nowhere.

I considered talking to a manager, but decided that the most likely long hold time I would experience, and the excess use of my cell phone minutes, were probably not worth it in the long run.

Aside from which, every time I go into their store, and attempt to look at a firearm or get any help at the gun counter at all, I am usually completely ignored by the staff behind the gun counter, who are usually in the middle of some conversation with each other.

I guess the customer is merely an afterthought there. I myself will not be spending my money there ever again.

It's sad, the non firearms portion of the store is staffed with very helpful and friendly employees. Too bad if I spend money on that side, I'll be helping the other side of the store.

scorpioajr

imported post

Give it time bro-

-You'll be 21 before you know it wishing you were 18 again - dealing with NOT being able to do things. Instead of being expected to do EVERYTHING as a 21+ year old.
...poor THX, i have a feeling you'll always get carded for beer though, with that mug! :lol:

thx997303

imported post

Hey! This is about Gunnies' poor customer service and stubborn ignorance of laws. Not my age guy!:cuss: :p

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Hey! This is about Gunnies' poor customer service and stubborn ignorance of laws. Not my age guy!:cuss: :p
ok ok ok ok - YES, Gunnies customer service sucks, for sure. I was just razzin' ya..

Don't have a cow man! :p:p:p:D:D:D (Oops, wrong thread!)