• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynnhaven Mall

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Zero4910 wrote:
Yesterday (11 Mar) I went to the Lynnhaven mall to enjoy some Cold Stone with my girlfriend and I had my usual carry, my Glock 21. While walking through the mall to get to the food court, an employee from Alltel tried to stop me by saying, "Hey you". I thought he wanted to sell me a phone so I just kept walking. Just as I sat down to eat my ice cream, the same employee tapped me on my shoulder and said that weapons were not allowed in the mall. I told him that I looked on the door I came in at and saw no posting that stated weapons were banned. I had entered though the Barns & Noble bookstore.

After he left, I went back to check again while my girlfriend was in a store trying on clothes. Again, I saw nothing. Near the B&N there is a customer service table so I told them that I saw no posting about weapons and asked them if OCing was allowed. The man (should say kid because he looked about 17) said it was not allowed.

I said "OK" and then I went to my car and put my carry in my trunk.

I'm all well and good with not carrying IF ITS POSTED. This is just for others to be aware that someone there might stop/talk to you about it.

I think until they post it on all doors, I'm going to continue to carry there. Next time, if they have a problem, they can bring a security guard to me and he can ask me to leave.
This has to be the worst approach to mall carry I have ever heard:

1. Encouraging employess to post.

2. Asking employees if carry is allowed.

3. Putting your gun int eh car and continuig to spend money after being harassed for carry.

4. Publicly threatening to refuse an order to leave an establishment by an agent of an owner unless security is called.

If this is how folks are going to behave, please don't open carry.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Mike wrote:
Zero4910 wrote:
Yesterday (11 Mar) I went to the Lynnhaven mall to enjoy some Cold Stone with my girlfriend and I had my usual carry, my Glock 21. While walking through the mall to get to the food court, an employee from Alltel tried to stop me by saying, "Hey you". I thought he wanted to sell me a phone so I just kept walking. Just as I sat down to eat my ice cream, the same employee tapped me on my shoulder and said that weapons were not allowed in the mall. I told him that I looked on the door I came in at and saw no posting that stated weapons were banned. I had entered though the Barns & Noble bookstore.

After he left, I went back to check again while my girlfriend was in a store trying on clothes. Again, I saw nothing. Near the B&N there is a customer service table so I told them that I saw no posting about weapons and asked them if OCing was allowed. The man (should say kid because he looked about 17) said it was not allowed.

I'm all well and good with not carrying IF ITS POSTED. This is just for others to be aware that someone there might stop/talk to you about it.

I think until they post it on all doors, I'm going to continue to carry there. Next time, if they have a problem, they can bring a security guard to me and he can ask me to leave.

1. Encouraging employess to post.

2. Asking employees if carry is allowed.

3. Putting your gun int eh car and continuig to spend money after being harassed for carry.

4. Publicly threatening to refuse an order to leave an establishment by an agent of an owner unless security is called.

Plus, I'm sure in 99 percent of businesses if you ask an employee if you have a gun in there the answer will be no.

Zero4910

imported post

Mike wrote:
Zero4910 wrote:

1.  Encouraging employess to post.

2.  Asking employees if carry is allowed.

3.  Putting your gun int eh car and continuig to spend money after being harassed for carry.

1. Alltel employees have NO say whatsoever in the matter of open carrying in the mall so they can post here all they want, it makes no difference to me.

2. I only asked STORE management because I didn't feel like being arrested.

3. Yes I put my gun in the trunk but I wasn't about to leave my girlfriend in the mall while I twittled my thumbs outside.

4. And for "Publicly threatening to refuse an order to leave an establishment by an agent of an owner unless security is called." is a little much to say when the Alltel store is a keyosk and I needed to walk past it to get where I was going. He came to find me long after I had passed the Alltel store. I was already upstairs getting ready to eat.