• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1000 foot from school rule, if your home is right next to school

Soundtrackzz

imported post

Hey guys. Today i have a question about owning and carrying guns within 1000 feet of a school. I go to JMU in Harrisonburg. I am a gun owner who absolutely loves my guns and i refuse to part with them. The problem i run into is that JMU erected a parking lot 75 feet from the front door of my house. This parking lot isnt attatched to the main campus its like a satelite/overflow parking lot. So my question is does this parking lot constitute part of the school and am i therefore in violation of the 1000 foot rule?

Thanks