• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Rockingham county

Neplusultra

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Soundtrackzz wrote:
just wondering if anyone carries the statute that allows us to OC? That might be a good idea

There isn't one. There is NO law preventing it. That's why it's legal.
As many have stated and as is the law in "free" countries, anything that is not forbidden is lawful..... Unlike totalitarian, tyrannical states where anything not allowed by law is illegal...... such as what a lot of commonwealth attorneys try to do.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Looks like this thread has been a bit quiet lately, so I'll knock the dust off as I am working in Harrisonburg all week. So far I've been all over the grounds of my hotel, and over to the Home Depot where I met up with a vaguntrader.com member to complete a FTF deal on a pistol.

He had heard of VCDL but wasn't really familiar with them, so I explained how they work and left him an app. Gonna mark this one as a "probable".

zoom6zoom

imported post

Hit the hotel lobby for the free breakfast buffet this morning and got the "are you a cop or something?" from another guest. He turned out to be from Connecticut, had a really good conversation with him and his son.

Lunch at El Charro, dinner at Bob Evans, also OC'd at Costco (just for gas, but had a nice long conversation with the cute attendant).

zoom6zoom

imported post

Lunch at Thai Cafe today. Great food and excellent service. Would have hit somewhere else for dinner, except that they gave me so much for lunch that dinner was covered!

zoom6zoom

Was back out in H'burg for an overnighter this week, good trip. Best Western, Sheetz, El Charro for dinner last night; Fella rolled in right after me with a VCDL sticker (among others) with a Gadsen t-shirt. We yacked for a while, he invited me to that evening's Tea Party at the library, but I didn't finish up work in time to attend. Gave him the scoop on OCDO.

Ashton, it was nice meeting you if you read this!

Last edited: