Thread: Ammo Selection: PowerBall , CorBonDPX ,HornadyCSD ???

Post imported post

I am up in the air as to which food to feed my best friend with .

I have had CorBon hollows for awhile, I ended up shooting them all up one day
    ( imagine that lol ) and they fed flawlessly. I went back and freaked out because they are hard to find for some reason, so now I had to switch puppy chow for my pocket rocket.

Then PowerBall was on sale and they jumped right off the shelf and hitched a ride home and I have it stoked with PB.

I like the PB idea of the polymer round nose not getting clogged on its journey into Snoopy Doggy Doggies hoody on its way to explode his heartless heart out and the expansion thing with the ball inside the hollow getting all the way into the guts and goodies that make meth heads mobile.

I cannot find any data or tests on PowerBall any know were I can find some data and tests on PB ?

I have also knoticed that PB does not have the BANG and *felt recoil I like or am use to ( *mite be a good thing) but I still like ammo that make my gun Jump just like my MalMart Remington ball practice that my gobbles down at the range.

I mean that is why I dont shoot SWC practice ammo even tho I can buy it for 10 bucks a 50 reload count because it is so mild & different than my high end self defense stuff.

Now Honrady comes up with Critical Self Defense in a hybrid kinda PowerBall'ish HP, and now I dont know if I should switch again.

My gosh darn FireStar.45 eats anything and has no opinion one way or another I kinda almost wish it was picky like an expensive tuned up 45.

What say you guys ( and gals ) with the money and time to shoot all the "good stuff" thru gelatin blocks, phone books & pine boards, feral pigs, and abandoned car windshields ?

Post imported post

Look around this site www.brassfetcher.com for a while, that should help you out a bit.

Post imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
    Look around this site http://www.brassfetcher.com for a while, that should help you out a bit.
    REPLY: Thank U, I saw a lot of views but You the only one who replied, thanks

Post imported post

I carry the Powerball every day. The only real test data I could find was on Brassfetcher. I do like the new Critical Defense load. I found some articles by googling it.

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    I carry the Powerball every day. The only real test data I could find was on Brassfetcher. I do like the new Critical Defense load. I found some articles by googling it.
    MY REPLY: So far I have found Hornady CD only in 9 & 40, not 45

Post imported post

Corbon DPX.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin