• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo Selection: PowerBall , CorBonDPX ,HornadyCSD ???

SteveInAshand

imported post

I am up in the air as to which food to feed my best friend with .

I have had CorBon hollows for awhile, I ended up shooting them all up one day
( imagine that lol ) and they fed flawlessly. I went back and freaked out because they are hard to find for some reason, so now I had to switch puppy chow for my pocket rocket.

Then PowerBall was on sale and they jumped right off the shelf and hitched a ride home and I have it stoked with PB.

I like the PB idea of the polymer round nose not getting clogged on its journey into Snoopy Doggy Doggies hoody on its way to explode his heartless heart out and the expansion thing with the ball inside the hollow getting all the way into the guts and goodies that make meth heads mobile.

I cannot find any data or tests on PowerBall any know were I can find some data and tests on PB ?

I have also knoticed that PB does not have the BANG and *felt recoil I like or am use to ( *mite be a good thing) but I still like ammo that make my gun Jump just like my MalMart Remington ball practice that my gobbles down at the range.

I mean that is why I dont shoot SWC practice ammo even tho I can buy it for 10 bucks a 50 reload count because it is so mild & different than my high end self defense stuff.

Now Honrady comes up with Critical Self Defense in a hybrid kinda PowerBall'ish HP, and now I dont know if I should switch again.

My gosh darn FireStar.45 eats anything and has no opinion one way or another I kinda almost wish it was picky like an expensive tuned up 45.

What say you guys ( and gals ) with the money and time to shoot all the "good stuff" thru gelatin blocks, phone books & pine boards, feral pigs, and abandoned car windshields ?

buster81

imported post

I carry the Powerball every day. The only real test data I could find was on Brassfetcher. I do like the new Critical Defense load. I found some articles by googling it.

SteveInAshand

imported post

buster81 wrote:
I carry the Powerball every day. The only real test data I could find was on Brassfetcher. I do like the new Critical Defense load. I found some articles by googling it.
MY REPLY: So far I have found Hornady CD only in 9 & 40, not 45