• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gregory Eads

GoldCoaster

imported post

such eloquence, intermixed with poor grammar and spelling really adds to the whole troll-esque experience I find.

My guess is Mr Eads has a plastic pocket protector and his glasses are repaired at the bridge with scotch tape.

If you read his stuff as you would a comic you get more enjoyment out of it.

ct tactical trainer

imported post

Sorry fact is 'people in "open carry"', 99 out of 100 times "get busted".

Generally misdeameanor 'breach of peace'....

That against a backdrop of the quintessential '911' call of:

"man/woman with a gun at McDonalds <or where ever>".....

which nowadays nearly demands a full regional TACTICAL RESPONSE -

why ?

HOSTAGES ????

INTENT ?????

Our 'hapless' 'open carry' 'subject'/'suspect' .......

HAS YET TO BE DISTINGUISHED FROM GANG MEMBERS DOING A(n) ERSATZ "STICKUP JOB" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's real fun to be on a 'tac-team', get out of bed with your angel - 'in process of great sex' ----and have to 'suit up' and roll into GoD-Knows-What-Shit-IS There......

Worse....if you have to shoot miscreants.......which never goes away from the DVR inside your head that incessantly endlessly plays brains spraying onto white tilework.....

Hmmmmmm......

Gregory

uskrusader

imported post

ct tactical trainer wrote:
It's real fun to be on a 'tac-team', get out of bed with your angel - 'in process of great sex' ----and have to 'suit up' and roll into GoD-Knows-What-@#$%-IS There......
What would you know about that??

(Sorry guys, I couldn't help it, but I'm done feeding the monster now ....really.)

ct tactical trainer

imported post

Aye, mate. Shoot at willl. Hey, shoot at anybody you can't fathom....

Whatta' 'bud' you are....(So socially refined, huh ? )

As we said in 'prep school'.....

'Bite me'.....

But then I'd surely have to have shots afterwards....and, In Reality.....

My sweet Goddess let's ME do ALL the 'oral work' to astral effect-
I don't need any !!!!! She's waaayyy tooo tight afterwards.....

Gregory

ct tactical trainer

imported post

I doubt it.

Self control (among so many things) is probably not in your lexicon or constitution.

Play on, minstrels.

Though "it ain't music", it makes the 'air move'....

Gregory

Keanu

imported post

Oh, I get it now....
This is some sort of "stream-of-conciousness" poetry experiment you're doing for 10th grade English, right?

If you get a chance "Greg", you should read "The Last Words of Dutch Schultz" for inspiration.

Nuff Said.

ct tactical trainer

imported post

Everyone has opinions, like so many body parts.

When I started actively on this BLOG, I started PERSONALLY,
N-O-T and and NRA Rep.

There have been so many rude, unfounded ad-hominem attacks upon me, even Y-O-U would/should have taken issue, if you are 1/2 as 'lofty' as you portend to be.

I have seen mostly angry, disgruntled, semi/pseudo-informed individuals here.

No 'pros' here.

Radicalism is fine - ya' should been here in 1993 and 1994.

On second thought - and Amendment - maybe not.

You can tuck your ad-hoc attacks and sentiments where the sun don't shine, sunshine.

I don't much care for your premature, uninformed assessments either, and thus my previous remark.

Go kick something; I'm not available.

Tomahawk

imported post

OMG this thread is cracking me up!
rofl5.gif

God, sometimes I really wish HankT were here. The fun he would have with this.

why ?

HOSTAGES ????

INTENT ?????

HAS YET TO BE DISTINGUISHED FROM GANG MEMBERS DOING A(n) ERSATZ "STICKUP JOB" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's real fun to be on a 'tac-team', get out of bed with your angel - 'in process of great sex' ----and have to 'suit up' and roll into GoD-Knows-What-@#$%-IS There......

Worse....if you have to shoot miscreants.......which never goes away from the DVR inside your head that incessantly endlessly plays brains spraying onto white tilework.....

Hmmmmmm......

Gregory

I mean, really, who writes this stuff?

rob99vmi04

imported post

why ?

HOSTAGES ????

INTENT ?????

Hmmmmmm......

Gregory

Interesting, I do open carry sometimes when it is not legal to conceal carry in Northern Virginia. I also am in Fairfax County, Virginia, with a good 2 wood on a non windy day I might be able to land a topflight on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. Just kidding!! But in all seriousnous I have never once been stopped for OC when I have done it for the last seven. I have been in areas that serve alcohol for consumption, with Fairfax County Police sitting next to me. Fairfax county police are inherently overalldiffern't in thinking from what I've seen, and they have not batted an eyelash.

"Generally misdeameanor 'breach of peace'....

which nowadays nearly demands a full regional TACTICAL RESPONSE "

The last time this happened to my co worker was last year, in a Burger king in Prince William (HEAVY MS-13 activity area)

Call when out " MAN WITH GUN MAN WITH GUN"

A PW county cop stolled into the restaurant walked up to him said, you carrying my co-worker lifted his arm. Cop said Just checking, got a call, have a nice day.

There was no NINJA response in that case.

Hef

imported post

why ?

HOSTAGES ????

INTENT ?????

Hmmmmmm......

Gregory

What would we get "busted" for? There is no LAW that says we can't carry our firearms openly. Furthermore, we have licenses issued by the state TO CARRY FIREARMS, without any restriction on method of carry stated anywhere in the CGS, nor on our permits. Are we to believe that the law is whatever a CT LEO or CT DPS official feels it should be, or is what is written in the statutes (and only there)?

So, how do you charge someone for committing a crime when no such crime exists?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
OMG this thread is cracking me up!
rofl5.gif

God, sometimes I really wish HankT were here. The fun he would have with this.
...Hmmmmmm......

Gregory
I mean, really, who writes this stuff?

I agree. HankT, LEO229, and Mr. Greg here would have a blast putting all things (and people) in their place! :lol:

My, my, this person must have a lot of time, and little brainpower, to blow. :question:

Edward Peruta

imported post

My My My, this has really created the need for a dictionary.

The issue is simple:

People have been arrested, had their weapons seized and destroyed and suffered the revocation of their valid permits to carry together with all the costs involved.

Mr. Eads would want us to believe that all of these happenings are the price we must collectively pay to enjoy the status quo.

I for one became aware of what was happening to others who didn't know the law and decided to get involved.

I'm in this because it involves rights, not just firearms.

Respect to all,

Ed Peruta

uskrusader

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
My My My, this has really created the need for a dictionary.

The issue is simple:

People have been arrested, had weapons seized and destroyed and suffered the revocation of their valid permits to carry and the expenses involved.

Mr. Eads would want us to believe that all of these happenings are the price we must collectively pay to enjoy the status quo.

I for one became aware of what was happening to others who didn't know the law and decided to get involved.

I'm in this because it involves rights, not just firearms.

Respect to all,

Ed Peruta

Many of us owe you a great debt of gratitude for your efforts!

Molon Labe and Carry On!

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Mr. Eads, let me be the first to pick this off since there seemed to be quite a few postings involving you and your positions, and your reactions to responses to said postings.

I wish to enjoy in a rather civil dialogue and discourse, but it takes two sides to do so. I wish to extend that dialogue with you here.

I speak as a holder of a CT State Pistol Permit.

First, in one of your emails that was publicly posted, you posted that the impression that open carry is something only generally done in western states (I could have the wording of what you said incorrect, no offense is meant if I gave it as wrong).

I'm from Washington State, which up until 3 years ago, where it was de facto illegal to open carry due to extensive police harassment and arrests for a statute that was intended and meant to target groups such as the Black Panthers, not against peaceable open carrying citizens. Until I researched the history of that statute three years ago, no one knew in the field law enforcement community (though gun lobbyists, old retired legislators, and some police chiefs and people with knowledge of open carry issues from the 1970's knew the truth) that it was legal to peaceably open carry despite a 911 call.

Washington was, besides California, the most anti-open carry state in the western states (I don't include Texas or Oklahoma) in terms of law enforcement treatment and bad information.

Washington now has the 2nd most active open carry community (in terms of forum postings, we're behind Virginia).

In the last three years, the most difficult people to acknowledge the legal status of open carry wasn't law enforcement or city government, it was gun store owners and firearms instructors. The amount of complete FUD that was being spread was nauseated, and these are supposedly "our own people" who are supposed to be on our side.

Now they are generally coming around, but honestly, Washington's open carry movement was too focused on getting law enforcement agencies and 911 dispatch centers on the ball on this issue, because those two groups had the most ways of effecting open carriers personally. We heard dire predictions that if we open carried en masse in Washington, the state Legislature would pass a law to ban open carry (in violation of our state constitution), or that they would repeal our state preemption statute. It didn't. Now granted open carry has been quite controlled by advice from myself and other advisers within the movement here, but yet it's still happening without interference from the our Legislature.

Open carry IS the "bearing of arms" spoken about in the constitution. The fact that CT requires a license subjects the entire licensing scheme to a form of strict scrutiny, the state courts ignorance and willingness to ignore their own state constitution to the contrary. This is why federal courts with 42USC1983 is more important than state level suits in the future. There is why there are many places where concealment is licensed, but open carry is not. Licensed and lawful concealed carry is a relatively recent phenomena in US history.

Connecticut's issues are two-fold: The State Police are allowed to revoke licenses and then force you to wait for a BFPE hearing before you get it back. That's a violation of the auspices of a SCOTUS ruling, Board of Regents v. Roth. Even drivers licenses in most states require that the hearing happen first before it becomes invalid, and drivers licenses aren't even encompassing a constitutionally protected civil right, that a state pistol permit is.

The second issue is the law enforcement attitude and the unwillingness to bow to the law, and to make up charges in order to punish the individual they don't like. This is a much wider issue than just gun rights, and encompasses 4th amendment violations as well. You, as well as any other gun owner involved in the gun rights movement, should be pushing back on these abuses instead of telling us as open carriers to not do what both statutory and constitutional law allows us to do. You may not personally like open carry, but cops legislating from the squad car, applying charges that are completely invalid to the situation in order to punish said person for in your opinion "being stupid", should give even you pause instead of your celebration.

Are you going to keep doing what you are doing, or are you going to be part of the solution to fixing both of these issues?

Oh, and I forgot the most important issue: I personally am not willing to be completely in the closet as a gun owner. I have quite an aversion to being in closets, as my attendances at Seattle and Portland Pride Festivals shows, and yes, I have open carried my trusty Springfield XD there too. I'm a proud gun owner, Gregory, and I don't hide who I am. Do you?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Radicalism is fine - ya' should been here in 1993 and 1994.

Not all of us here are in our 40's, 50's, and 60's. Connecticut's AWB will be challenged in court (on the federal level, not state) in the near to middle future. Depends on court cases out of California, Illinois, and DC.

SemperFiGuy

imported post

T.F.E.

as we say in combat training.....

(too frigging easy...)

Wear it......outside.....unconcealed.......

Get busted !!! (99/100 times)

What don't folks understand about this ?

Gregory
What part of SHALL NOT INFRINGE do you sir(and I use that term loosely) do you not understand?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
such eloquence, intermixed with poor grammar and spelling really adds to the whole troll-esque experience I find.

My guess is Mr Eads has a plastic pocket protector and his glasses are repaired at the bridge with scotch tape.

If you read his stuff as you would a comic you get more enjoyment out of it.

He's definitely the poetic type, if only he could learn some simplegrammar and punctuationrules...