• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama's Gun Ban List

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

suntzu wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I don't take this seriously without some source for Korwins claims. Sounds like blatant scare mongering to me. Even if someone introduces a bill its not going anywhere this year.
and what makes you think so?

all they have to do is prime the people enough and make them afraid enough--or rather make them more afraid....it has been said that a people in fear are much easier to control, and I for one tend to agree--and those people are much more likely to give up more of their freedoms in order for them to get some form of "security" from the government...
The Democrats want to keep their jobs, and angering gun owners is a good way to lose those democrat held seats. Frankly, since 2001 the more afraid people get, the more guns they buy, and more converts to the cause as well. On that basis I don't think people are going to buy that they need to ban guns for greater security. As the recent sales have also increased the amount of stakeholders against a ban, and increases the penalty for those who would enact a ban.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

http://gunowners.org/

GOA sends mealerts and easy to send email lettersto sendour representatives .

Even though I have not joined this group it is fun getting letters mailed back in

response from the reps.

A month before Katrina hit nobody thought that the law abiding citizen's guns

would be taken . Now the Mexican drug war violence is being blamed on U.S.A. guns.

Russia , China , North Korea , and South America are suppling FULL AUTOMATIC

weapons along with BAZOOKAS and GRENADES . Small handguns like 9mms are sold

by the blackmarkets . Perhaps enforcement of current : international , Mexican , and

U.S.A. laws would solve this situation . Emotional lies from sheep is not logical .

GWbiker

imported post

2a4all wrote:
So my M1 Garand isn't on the list. :X

Taurus Judge owners, beware. You may have "(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.";)
The M1 Garand was used as an assault weapon during WWII and Korean War. From the late 50's to 1961 an M1 Garand was my companion. The Garand was more dependable and more accurate at greater distance in cold weather than the semi auto M1 Carbine, which IMHO was a POS and is on the AWB list!

The people who draw up that AWB list haven't the slightest idea of what a REAL assault weapon is or even looks like. They believe if a pistol or rifle is black and has a detachable magazine, then by golly it must be an assault weapon. And of course those evil assault weapons are machine guns!!:banghead:

orthzar

imported post

The sooner the Obama administration does everything they intend to do, the sooner their supporters will think twice about re-electing Obama.

I wonder what Obama's teleprompter will say is gun-owners go postal on him. I do hope this passes by safely, though, but that would still be interesting to hear.