• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another bougus charge

Dustoff

imported post

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/mar/12/police-file-more-charges-against-man-involved-sta/

This hammer-head caused a stand off with local police and fired several shots. They arrested him, and found several firearms in his home. But only charged him with "Caring to the Terror of the Pubic". I fired of an angry letter to the paper and DA's office. This law on NC's books is almost 200 years old and goes back to Old English Law. I feel someone is trying stir up anti-gun sediment in the community. This is an inappropriate charge for the offence. I admit, has nothing to do with Open Carry, but is still interesting.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dustoff wrote:
...I feel someone is trying stir up anti-gun sediment in the community...
They must have been digging to stir up anti-gun sediment.

Maybe they were stirring up anti-gun sentiment instead?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BB62 wrote:
Dustoff wrote:
...I feel someone is trying stir up anti-gun sediment in the community...
They must have been digging to stir up anti-gun sediment.

Maybe they were stirring up anti-gun sentiment instead?

I think he got it right.

Sediment is where you are going to find the bottom-feeders with anti-gun sentiments.

:D

Dustoff

imported post

Thanks to all for the spelling corrections. I typed my post while at work, supposedly on break, while three beepers were going off at once. This case has really gotten under my skin....everyday, the local media has something new about the "massive firepower" found inside the home. I shudder to think what I would be charged with if "they" ever searched my home. I called the local DA's office to inquire about the charges and was told to "mind my own business". I for one will hound the local media with e-mails and letters demanding a explanation. Who knows, maybe "they" will show up at my home next, and we can have a "real" gun rights discussion on my front lawn.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dustoff wrote:
...I called the local DA's office to inquire about the charges and was told to "mind my own business". I for one will hound the local media with e-mails and letters demanding a explanation. Who knows, maybe "they" will show up at my home next, and we can have a "real" gun rights discussion on my front lawn.
Mind your own business??

Sounds like someone needs a attitude adjustment.

As for thefront lawn discussion - that sounds like an idea.

Mungo

imported post

I can't stand it the way the media portrays it like having firearms in your home is illegal. I don't care if they find 1 or 500. It's not illegal. Yet the media, the way they write it up, makes it sound worse than the charges that led to the search of the home.