Thread: Spokane OC lunch in March/April, Pre gun show

Post imported post

Hey guys,

I think we need to set up another OC lunch soon.

I would like to do it sometime between March 21st and April 2nd. The gun show that will be manned will be on April 3rd, 4th, and 5th. So those days are effectively ruled out.

What do you guys think?

Post imported post

surfj, this is a good idea. The 28th is good for me so far. Would like to get more locals involved in this.

Post imported post

Yeah, me too.

Although I love the help coming in from Pullman and Tri cities,

we need more of the Spokane lurkers to start being active...

Post imported post

we need more of the Spokane lurkers to start being active
    I think I can get a couple of people to show up. But I will just lurk...:P.

The 28th looks good. Can you guys give us a rundown of your meeting with the city attny and the police that you had a while back?

bob

Post imported post

we need more of the Spokane lurkers to start being active

Well, at this point in time, I am off on the 28th, and my wife will be out of town, so I don't have any major plans. Unless I have to go out of town with my wife, which i really do not want to do, I would like to attend lunch and meet some of the fellow lurkers.

I am lurking now, can you see me, I can see you.............ewww thats disgusting. LOL

I will even break away from the tiny gun I carry CC and go with the wonderful Sig Sauer P229 .40. An exceptional firearm.

Post imported post

Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forum for quite a while and just finally registered. I just got my cpl and live in Spokane. I'd love to join in a meet. I'm usually off on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Daren

Post imported post

Welcome from seattle Daren

Post imported post

Hello Everyone

I have been "lurking" for quite a while as well and just registered recently. I woulld love toget together withyou guys,unfortunatly I will be out of town on the 28th. I will however beback in time to goto the gun show.

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

Orphan and Daren,

Welcome!!!! I am glad to see that you guys joined. The Spokane community is rather small compared to the other side of the state.

We have been working hard to get the word out about OC in Spokane. A right unexercised is a right lost, ya know!!

Anyhow, i am glad you guys registered. There are a lot of exciting things going on in Spokane these days and I look forward to meeting you both.

Have you seen the Spokane Police Department training bulletin?

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?PHP...;sa=view;id=36

And you did see the Washington Gun Rights pamphlets that we all carry around to hand out on occasion.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?PHP...;sa=view;id=14

Now, for the rest of you lurkers out there, get involved!!! We need your help. It is up to us to defend our rights and secure our liberty. If you are hiding in the shadows, you are not being part of the solution.

Get active here and start making a difference.

Post imported post

Aw, you just had to do that. Another month and I would be 21...
    Ah well.

Post imported post

Right now the 28th looks good for me as well.

I will speak up for K_Bjornstad since I don't know how often he checks on here right now, but he has academy on Saturdays so would be a no.

Post imported post

So I just went and ordered my gun today. I was at the Double Eagle in the Valley, and I herd something that I needed one of the OC handouts for. The clerk was explaining to a customer that Washington is no longer an open carry state, I tried to jump in but they made me feel as though my business wasn't important, after them trying to give me a royal yank around, I ended up going to Sharp Shooting to order. I know I know, it's on the DNP list but of all the years I've been going there I haven't had any issues, yet.

Anyways, hopefully we can get more people involved around here to get the OC word out. I work with some people that might be interested in joining here. I'm putting in a request to work at the gun show through work. Or hopefully I can get in there early enough to pick up some ammo for the new piece.

Daren

Post imported post

darenE wrote:
    I ended up going to Sharp Shooting to order. I know I know, it's on the DNP list but of all the years I've been going there I haven't had any issues, yet.
    The problem definitly isn't the people. There are some very friendly and knowledgeable people that work at Sharpshooting.

The problem is that they do not allow open carry in their store. Technically they don't even allow concealed carry but they say if they don't know, they can't stop you.

The large stop sign on the door saying all firearms must be in a closed case is an issue.

When asked why they don't allow Open Carry. There normal answer (has been told to multiple forum members including myself) is they have many first time shooters in the store, and they feel them seeing people with guns will frighten them away from the sport...

Considering it is a shooting range and the employees will commonly open carry, that response is a bit ridiculous. Secondly, I want to meet the person who goes into a gun store/range and then is frightened by someone having a gun in the building.

Post imported post

I just read the SPD training bullitin and have one question(well actually I have several)

What happened to the Possessing Dangerous Weapons on School Facilitys EXCEPTIONS?

If the SPD is not teaching that there are exceptions then there could be a problem when someone is dropping off or picking up someone from school or a school event.

The only thing that the bullitin addresses is that it is illegal to carry onto, possess etc.

No wonder there are problems when encounteringLEOs they are notvery well trained, but are trained not to back down.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

Bob, I would love to give you the rundown when we meetup again.....

Post imported post

Also, what time and where do you guys want to meet on the 28th. How about one o'clock at......?

Post imported post

How about we spread the word, Sat. March 28, The Onion bar and grill (downtown Spokane) at 1 pm.

Post imported post

fetch wrote:
    How about we spread the word, Sat. March 28, The Onion bar and grill (downtown Spokane) at 1 pm.
    The word has been spread on your command...........:P

This sounds good to me...

Post imported post

I can't find any information on the gun show in Spokane,WA the first weekend in April. We are interested in going but haven't heard where the show is. Will it be at the fairgrounds?
    Thanks Paula M queen-astro@excite.com

Post imported post

PaulaM, check out this link.
    Also, we are having a OC meet at the Onion downtown Spokane on the 28th. Yes it is at the Fairgrounds April 3,4,5.

http://www.spokanecounty.org/fair/events.aspx

Post imported post

Just a bump to the top.
    Anyway, the meeting/lunch is still on for Sat. 28th. at the Onion Bar and grille downtown about 1:00 pm (1300 for the mil types). I will check to day for seating about 10 of us. We have not been to the downtown Onion so if it does not work out we can have a backup at Cyrus O' Learys just down the street.
    To the people who want to help at the gun show (April 3,4,5) and the lurkers this would be a good chance to meet.

Post imported post

I have open carried in there before with my girlfriend for dinner. We shouldn't have any problems.

Post imported post

another bump

Post imported post

All is set for the Onion. We have a spot reserved. Now the only thing we need are people. Also put your thinking caps on. There are other events coming up, if you want to promote this.