• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane OC lunch in March/April, Pre gun show

surfj9009

imported post

Hey guys,

I think we need to set up another OC lunch soon.

I would like to do it sometime between March 21st and April 2nd. The gun show that will be manned will be on April 3rd, 4th, and 5th. So those days are effectively ruled out.

What do you guys think?

fetch

imported post

surfj, this is a good idea. The 28th is good for me so far. Would like to get more locals involved in this.

surfj9009

imported post

Yeah, me too.

Although I love the help coming in from Pullman and Tri cities,

we need more of the Spokane lurkers to start being active...

BobR

imported post

we need more of the Spokane lurkers to start being active

I think I can get a couple of people to show up. But I will just lurk...:p.

The 28th looks good. Can you guys give us a rundown of your meeting with the city attny and the police that you had a while back?

bob

hawaidvr9

imported post

we need more of the Spokane lurkers to start being active

Well, at this point in time, I am off on the 28th, and my wife will be out of town, so I don't have any major plans. Unless I have to go out of town with my wife, which i really do not want to do, I would like to attend lunch and meet some of the fellow lurkers.

I am lurking now, can you see me, I can see you.............ewww thats disgusting. LOL

I will even break away from the tiny gun I carry CC and go with the wonderful Sig Sauer P229 .40. An exceptional firearm.

darenE

imported post

Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forum for quite a while and just finally registered. I just got my cpl and live in Spokane. I'd love to join in a meet. I'm usually off on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Daren

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Hello Everyone:)

I have been "lurking" for quite a while as well and just registered recently. I woulld love toget together withyou guys,unfortunatly I will be out of town on the 28th. I will however beback in time to goto the gun show.

Orphan

surfj9009

imported post

Orphan and Daren,

Welcome!!!! I am glad to see that you guys joined. The Spokane community is rather small compared to the other side of the state.

We have been working hard to get the word out about OC in Spokane. A right unexercised is a right lost, ya know!!

Anyhow, i am glad you guys registered. There are a lot of exciting things going on in Spokane these days and I look forward to meeting you both.

Have you seen the Spokane Police Department training bulletin?

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ba0647a33fd9e0a3057e33734414b562&action=downloads;sa=view;id=36

And you did see the Washington Gun Rights pamphlets that we all carry around to hand out on occasion.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ba0647a33fd9e0a3057e33734414b562&action=downloads;sa=view;id=14

Now, for the rest of you lurkers out there, get involved!!! We need your help. It is up to us to defend our rights and secure our liberty. If you are hiding in the shadows, you are not being part of the solution.

Get active here and start making a difference.:D

David.Car

imported post

Right now the 28th looks good for me as well.

I will speak up for K_Bjornstad since I don't know how often he checks on here right now, but he has academy on Saturdays so would be a no.

darenE

imported post

So I just went and ordered my gun today. I was at the Double Eagle in the Valley, and I herd something that I needed one of the OC handouts for. The clerk was explaining to a customer that Washington is no longer an open carry state, I tried to jump in but they made me feel as though my business wasn't important, after them trying to give me a royal yank around, I ended up going to Sharp Shooting to order. I know I know, it's on the DNP list but of all the years I've been going there I haven't had any issues, yet.

Anyways, hopefully we can get more people involved around here to get the OC word out. I work with some people that might be interested in joining here. I'm putting in a request to work at the gun show through work. Or hopefully I can get in there early enough to pick up some ammo for the new piece.

Daren

David.Car

imported post

darenE wrote:
I ended up going to Sharp Shooting to order. I know I know, it's on the DNP list but of all the years I've been going there I haven't had any issues, yet.
The problem definitly isn't the people. There are some very friendly and knowledgeable people that work at Sharpshooting.

The problem is that they do not allow open carry in their store. Technically they don't even allow concealed carry but they say if they don't know, they can't stop you.

The large stop sign on the door saying all firearms must be in a closed case is an issue.

When asked why they don't allow Open Carry. There normal answer (has been told to multiple forum members including myself) is they have many first time shooters in the store, and they feel them seeing people with guns will frighten them away from the sport...

Considering it is a shooting range and the employees will commonly open carry, that response is a bit ridiculous. Secondly, I want to meet the person who goes into a gun store/range and then is frightened by someone having a gun in the building.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I just read the SPD training bullitin and have one question(well actually I have several)

What happened to the Possessing Dangerous Weapons on School Facilitys EXCEPTIONS?

If the SPD is not teaching that there are exceptions then there could be a problem when someone is dropping off or picking up someone from school or a school event.

The only thing that the bullitin addresses is that it is illegal to carry onto, possess etc.

No wonder there are problems when encounteringLEOs they are notvery well trained, but are trained not to back down.:banghead:

surfj9009

imported post

fetch wrote:
How about we spread the word, Sat. March 28, The Onion bar and grill (downtown Spokane) at 1 pm.
The word has been spread on your command...........:p

This sounds good to me...

PaulaM

imported post

I can't find any information on the gun show in Spokane,WA the first weekend in April. We are interested in going but haven't heard where the show is. Will it be at the fairgrounds?
Thanks Paula M queen-astro@excite.com