• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Stores In Virginia

Joed757

imported post

Why spend money at gun sotres in Virginia with owners and employees with bad attitudes. Lets skip letting fellow Open Carriers have to deal with peoples attitudes by recommending certain gun stores in which you had a good exeperience. Also you can add the stores NOT to go to due to bad exepriences.

So far Bob's Gun Shop has been nothing but good to me other than the fact not all of them know about the Open Carry but overall I love Bobs and the staff is also helpful. I recommend that store if your ever in Norfolk Virginia its on Granby street near Greyhound Bus station.

Bad experience at Ron hess on Tidewater Driver. Guy doesnt want cell phones in his esablishment also if you havent done your research he will sham you. He tried to tell me I wont find any .45 auto ammo for my weapon yet mins before that I palnned to buy 1000 rounds of federal .45 hydro shock 230 grains. I just wanted to see if he could beat the price he did not give me a number he tried to force me into buying before he would give me an exact number I walked out. I plan on buying the 1000rd case at the next gun show unless someone knows where i can find them online for $600.

fire_man2340

imported post

Bad experience at (Old Dominion Gun And Tackle)in Danville Va., All the guy's in there are older, And there Not Very Friendly at all:X, Ok gun selection, I would give them a score of 1 out of 10.

Good experience at (Raymonds Gun & Supply) in Danville Va. , There's only two older guy's that work there Raymond and one other, Kinda Friendly:), willing to find it if you want it, sometimes will knock down price's, Ok gun selection, I would give them a score of 9.5 out of 10.

Great experience at (Carter's Guns) in Danville Va. , There's only two older guy's that work there Carter himself and one other, Very Friendly:D, always trying to help you out, and willing to knock down the price's, Large gun selection, I would give them a score of 10 out of 10.

noah

imported post

Def don't go to Ron Hess. I forgot about this loser. Years ago had awful time trying just to look at a gun. He is a real ASS.

Never go to Ron Hess! Tidewater dr Norfolk

Sea_Chicken

imported post

The Amory has the best prices around they are located at the corner of Kempsville and Indian River in a little shopping center look close cause it's a hole in the wall. And in case your wondering Ron Hess is a dick.

Chkultr

imported post

Joed757 wrote:
i will stop by the armory tommarrow.Where is it? Open Carry there?
Specializing in great guns at good prices. The only gun shop in the area that's been a member in good standing of the Better Business Bureau for 10 years. All prices listed are for firearms only. Additional shipping charges may be added. Store Hours:10:00 - 8:00 Mon-Fri, 10-6 Sat, 12-6 Sun
Indian River Square Suite 114
Virgina Beach, VA 23464
View Map
Directions:Interstate 64 East, Exit 286B, Indian River Rd. East. 1.3 miles from exit on the right, in Indian River Square at the corner of Indian River Rd. and Kempsville Rd. behind Bruster's.
Telephone:757-424-1617
Fax:757-424-9043
E-mail:marie@the-armory.com
Website:http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/index.html

I also like The Fishing Hole in Wakefield! Very nice people to deal with

Joed757

imported post

Chkultr wrote:
Joed757 wrote:
i will stop by the armory tommarrow.Where is it? Open Carry there?
Specializing in great guns at good prices. The only gun shop in the area that's been a member in good standing of the Better Business Bureau for 10 years. All prices listed are for firearms only. Additional shipping charges may be added. Store Hours:10:00 - 8:00 Mon-Fri, 10-6 Sat, 12-6 Sun
Indian River Square Suite 114
Virgina Beach, VA 23464
View Map
Directions:Interstate 64 East, Exit 286B, Indian River Rd. East. 1.3 miles from exit on the right, in Indian River Square at the corner of Indian River Rd. and Kempsville Rd. behind Bruster's.
Telephone:757-424-1617
Fax:757-424-9043
E-mail:marie@the-armory.com
Website:http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/index.html

I also like The Fishing Hole in Wakefield! Very nice people to deal with
Open Carry friendly?

Chkultr

imported post

Yes friendly to gun owners and gun owners rights....If you get up with Bill he can talk to you all day about gun rights, politics, and anything else on his/your mind!

Sorry I forgot to answer all your ?'s the 1st go round

Chkultr

imported post

Yes friendly to gun owners and gun owners rights....If you get up with Bill he can talk to you all day about gun rights, politics, and anything else on his/your mind!

Sorry I forgot to answer all your ?'s the 1st go round

fire_man2340

imported post

byrdj wrote:
I'll have to 2nd the Carter's Guns, however I thought it was in South Boston?
I'm not sure there might be another Carter's in South Boston, but the one i go to is inDanville, Va. on Applewood Dr. he runes it out of his on house.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Have always had good experience with Dark Sun Suplus. They have the best prices on everything, new used or surplus. Reason I heard Ron Hess is such a prick is he does a lot of dealing with Norfolk PD and doesn't care about selling to others. Also Superior on VA Beach Blvd is way over priced.

Joed757

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Have always had good experience with Dark Sun Suplus. They have the best prices on everything, new used or surplus. Reason I heard Ron Hess is such a prick is he does a lot of dealing with Norfolk PD and doesn't care about selling to others. Also Superior on VA Beach Blvd is way over priced.
Well I drive past Tidewater drive almost everyday and never see any cars outside except the one for sell but every time Im in Bobs. There at least 2 NPD patrol cars outside and LEO's inside checking out weapons. So if "Ron The Hess Mess" is dealing with the NPD its under wraps. I talked with a guy yesterday and he told me two years ago Ron Hess killed two and wounded one who were breaking in his shop. Im not fully sure of any of it Im sure he wont get any of my money.

zoom6zoom

imported post

I've visited the Armory many times (always OC!) and had good experiences. They moved a few doors down in the same strip a while back and now the shop is about three times as big, so you can actually move without tripping over stuff. Not always the biggest gun selection, but usually some great ammo deals. And they'll honor their website prices in the store if you ask.

My other favorite in that area is Tidewater Military Traders (aka Classic Firearms). Mostly C&R type stuff. OC here, too.

In NoVA, Virginia Arms in Manassas is one of my favorites. The crew always treats you well, and if you ever, ever have a problem with a gun you bought from them they will take care of it.