• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry, a saga

chris in va

imported post

I've decided to start a 'logbook' or diary of sorts detailing my OC experiences here in the Louisville area. Anything out of the ordinary will be further explained, but otherwise I'll just give a brief description where and when I carried and what the outcome was. It won't be a constant thing as I CC most of the time, but it should be often enough to maybe 'enlighten' others to what really happens.

So here's my first entry. Carried in WalMart on Preston today, chatted with a couple ladies behind the SG counter about NICS delays and stupid ammo shortages/buying hysteria. As I was saying goodbye and walking away I heard a "he's got one on his hip!" comment.

Also went to a KFC with a couple families in the place, nobody had anything to say. As a matter of fact a couple kids were standing next to me waiting to get their sodas. I fully expected parents in the corner to say something like "get over here NOW" but nope. Refreshing.

o2manrrt

imported post

i've started doing the same thing, i've started posting about my first experiences with OC. One of my first was in Subway, walked in to find myself in the middle of about 15 LEO in plain clothes w/range gear on.:shock:

chris in va

imported post

I went with my friend to the Great Clips (or whatever it's called) yesterday. Two tatto'ed ladies were working at the time, no other customers. At first I thought they'd say something but no side remarks or other sketchy behavior.

When I got done my friend was talking with a guy from the Papa John's a couple doors down, and we struck up a conversation about firearms carry and legality. He was surprised to find out you can OC provided you're legal to own one etc etc, and we talked about other stuff for a good hour or so (paintball, movies, gov't policies etc).

The other girl came out and told us she got robbed at gunpoint in her house in Louisville. She now has her CC permit and carries a 38 in her purse. "That's not gonna happen again" I believe she put it.

So...another positive experience.