Thread: yet another walmart experience

Post imported post

Today at about 4:00PM I went down to the local walmart to get a vacume belt. I was OCing of course. no problem went in and shopped around a bit and went to the garden center to check out. When I was getting ready to check out a man behind me started a conversation.

Guy- what are you carrying

Me- Rugger p85

Guy-is it the 9-mm

Me-yea, i like it treats me well.

~*checker mike kinda butts in*~

Mike-why do you carry? ive seen you in here carrying quite a few times.

me- protection and im an officer at **** corretions center and a few of the inmates
    that relese are local and I have had a unconfortable experience in the past so i carry.

Mike-whell it makes the costomers nervice and it makes them more comfertable if I left it in the car.

me- it dosn't make me comfortable and walmart corprit expressed its ok to carry.

Guy talking to mike- whell i dont feel that way
    (refering to the guy saying it made people nervice.)

so good day as far as that goes just wish I had printed off more pamphlets but just wanted to share.

Post imported post

You should have told mike f*** off

Post imported post

DT

Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Yeah, 'cause that helps our cause and makes us look great... Don't be a dumbass. We need to act like mature adults when OC'ing in public. Say that to someone and we all look bad. :X
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

Post imported post

I just wish I had printed off more pamphlets
    I still have about 1500 pamphlets available in color glossy paper

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    Yeah, 'cause that helps our cause and makes us look great... Don't be a dumbass. We need to act like mature adults when OC'ing in public. Say that to someone and we all look bad. :X
    I totally agree with spydertattoo, we should do things to make them aware of our and their rights than making things worst by creating confrontations. and make all of us look bad.... there are polite and better ways to practice our rights

Post imported post

Manu wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    I totally agree with spydertattoo, we should do things to make them aware of our and their rights than making things worst by creating confrontations. and make all of us look bad.... there are polite and better ways to practice our rights
    Well i disagree with both of you. Just because I oc doesn't mean I representa groupor have to act like a boy scout while doing it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Manu wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    Well i disagree with both of you. Just because I oc doesn't mean I representa groupor have to act like a boy scout while doing it.
    When you get arrested and maybe the crap beat out of you by some police I hope you are not expecting members of this group to sympathize with your plight. Hopefully the cops will look at this site and realize that kind of attitude is not representative of us.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    Manu wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    When you get arrested and maybe the crap beat out of you by some police I hope you are not expecting members of this group to sympathize with your plight. Hopefully the cops will look at this site and realize that kind of attitude is not representative of us.
    You're kind of argument has been made on this board before. This kind of argument is always shot down and shown as immature. Whether you believe it or not, this kind of attitude does reflect on the rest of us. If you act like that, maybe the next person who is seen OC'ing by that same employee gets harassed even worse. It is a selfish person who doesn't see that their actions DO effect others. I hope anyone new to Open Carrying, or new to reading these boards,does not follow along with your attitude.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

One of the reasons I OC is to show people that guns don't equal violence or insanity like the media usually likes to show it. I was at the IGA foods here in Pullman and a lot of people saw me carrying and weren't worried or afraid. If your trying to send a message don't be a ****** because no one listens to a ****** (I still today can't listen to Obama).

Post imported post

One reason i carry is for comfort andI don't like sub-compact guns. You think I go around actingbeligerant? Nay my friends, nay. When people ask me about my carry method in aRUDE way I always answer, "you don't like it? Don't look!" I have yet to be arrested and will not expect anyone on this forum tosympathize for me if I do.

Post imported post

I talked to some people I know that work at my local Wally World here in Oak Harbor and what they said is if they have seen you come in and get to know your face that they wouldnt have a problem with me OCing and they are all for it but some aren't knowledged about the situation, so I gave them some pampletts.

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    One reason i carry is for comfort andI don't like sub-compact guns. You think I go around actingbeligerant? Nay my friends, nay. When people ask me about my carry method in aRUDE way I always answer, "you don't like it? Don't look!" I have yet to be arrested and will not expect anyone on this forum tosympathize for me if I do.
    You're damn right we won't be sympathetic. I won't at least. You are giving the rest of us a bad name with your rudeness and bad attitude while OCing. Your rights are your rights, but you can't go along in life telling everyone to F off and not expect it to come back and bite you in the ass eventually.

You might want to go see a psychiatrist about your obvious anger problems and if you can't OC without being a jerk to everyone you meet, I think I speak for everyone here when I say I wish you'd just keep it covered up.

Post imported post

Please dont be so hard on PolskiG. His attitude is ok for him. I'm much more concerned with people having "accidents" with handguns or punks shooting wild than an OC'er being brash towards an idiot.

Post imported post

Ganghater wrote:
    Please dont be so hard on PolskiG. His attitude is ok for him. I'm much more concerned with people having "accidents" with handguns or punks shooting wild than an OC'er being brash towards an idiot.
    Seconded being a jerk doesn't mean hes going to blow someones head off out of anger. There is no law that says citizens must be polite, sure someone might think that represents all OC'ers but that's their fault for being ignorant. You should always remember you can't change the mind of the ignorant (unless you have signs with the word hope and your face)

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrot
    (unless you have signs with the word hope and your face)
    what about "change u can believe in"
    with a "yes we can" attitude
    worked to sway those types once
    why not again for us.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    You're damn right we won't be sympathetic. I won't at least. You are giving the rest of us a bad name with your rudeness and bad attitude while OCing. Your rights are your rights, but you can't go along in life telling everyone to F off and not expect it to come back and bite you in the ass eventually.

You might want to go see a psychiatrist about your obvious anger problems and if you can't OC without being a jerk to everyone you meet, I think I speak for everyone here when I say I wish you'd just keep it covered up.
    (my emphasis)

Agreed!

And Ganghater, can you remind us exactly how your attitude towards OC benefits the cause?

Post imported post

Ok, I take back the "F-off" comment and replace it with "you don't like it, don't look." I've never told anyone to "F-off" in public regarding open carry, but for me, and i only speak for myself, I don't do the the public service anouncements about OC as many of you do on this forum, its not my thing and never will be. I do it for comfort and only forthat. For the educators and role models of OC, more power to you....

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Ok, I take back the "F-off" comment and replace it with "you don't like it, don't look." I've never told anyone to "F-off" in public regarding open carry, but for me, and i only speak for myself, I don't do the the public service anouncements about OC as many of you do on this forum, its not my thing and never will be. I do it for comfort and only forthat. For the educators and role models of OC, more power to you....
    (my emphasis)

That's a shame, and depending on how you handle interactions with curious people, it could be a real detriment to gun owners and OCers.

There's no needtobecome a walking PSA, but the least you could do is not do damage to the public's already negative views on gun owners and gun ownership.

I'm not suggesting that you carry literature around, or that you attend a "How to Win Friends and Influence People" seminar, but don't you even consider the fact that your behavior can open up people's minds, or on the other hand, confirm their wildest suspicions about gun owners/carriers?

Post imported post

He has already stated that he wouldn't expect support from others for his personal actions. Although I would disagree with his attitude, I do understand the if you don't like it don't look comment.He might not be the "ideal" open carrier but are we to start discriminating against who we would want to open carry? If so then we are just as wrong as those who think only LEO or Permitted people can carry.

That being said I strive to be even more of a nicer guy than I already am because I want people to focus on me as a nice person who happens to carry a gun.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

He has already stated that he wouldn't expect support from others for his personal actions. Although I would disagree with his attitude, I do understand the if you don't like it don't look comment.He might not be the "ideal" open carrier but are we to start discriminating against who we would want to open carry? If so then we are just as wrong as those who think only LEO or Permitted people can carry...
    Whether or not he expects support from others is irrelevant, IMHO.

I didn't, nor did I see anyone else suggest that we discriminate against "his kind" of open carrier - all I said (effectively) was "Don't you consider the effect of your conduct?"

Do you take issue with that question?

Post imported post

No not at all and I totally agree with you. That is why I am motivated to be a better person than normal while I carry, I don't want it to reflect badly on what has become my community.

I was making a seperate statement of being careful of not doing to others of what we don't want done to us.

Although I would not want to be unfairly treated because of someone elses actions, I still think that it is unexcusable for people to treat other gun owners badly because of one person was a jerk. That would be like thinking all people with tattoos are jerks because one guy with tattoos acted like one.

Some other comments Polskig has made on this board has made me cringe, but this is a free country, and I don't believe he cares one way or another about how others on this board feel.

Post imported post

...Some other comments Polskig has made on this board has made me cringe, but this is a free country, and I don't believe he cares one way or another about how others on this board feel.
    Yep, I agree with you about "it's a free country" - though that's a whole different subject these days!

As for PolskiG, I'm still trying to figure him out.