• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

yet another walmart experience

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
He has already stated that he wouldn't expect support from others for his personal actions. Although I would disagree with his attitude, I do understand the if you don't like it don't look comment.He might not be the "ideal" open carrier but are we to start discriminating against who we would want to open carry? If so then we are just as wrong as those who think only LEO or Permitted people can carry...
Whether or not he expects support from others is irrelevant, IMHO.

I didn't, nor did I see anyone else suggest that we discriminate against "his kind" of open carrier - all I said (effectively) was "Don't you consider the effect of your conduct?"

Do you take issue with that question?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

No not at all and I totally agree with you. That is why I am motivated to be a better person than normal while I carry, I don't want it to reflect badly on what has become my community.

I was making a seperate statement of being careful of not doing to others of what we don't want done to us.

Although I would not want to be unfairly treated because of someone elses actions, I still think that it is unexcusable for people to treat other gun owners badly because of one person was a jerk. That would be like thinking all people with tattoos are jerks because one guy with tattoos acted like one.

Some other comments Polskig has made on this board has made me cringe, but this is a free country, and I don't believe he cares one way or another about how others on this board feel.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
...Some other comments Polskig has made on this board has made me cringe, but this is a free country, and I don't believe he cares one way or another about how others on this board feel.
Yep, I agree with you about "it's a free country" - though that's a whole different subject these days! :cuss:

As for PolskiG, I'm still trying to figure him out.