Thread: DC Attorney General Peter Nickels acts schizophrenic on constitutional rights

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...utional-rights

SNIP

On March 3, 2009, the Washington Times reported that District of Columbia Attorney General Peter J. Nickels said that DC residents owning certain legally registered long guns will be barred from re-registering them in three years due to the DC City Council's quietly passed December 2008 amendments to DC's gun control statutes. These changes make it unlawful to register long guns if the guns have certain features such as pistol grips even though long guns with pistol grips are in common use across the United States.

But on March 11, 2009, Attorney General Nickels ordered corrections officials to ignore a DC law that prohibits the release of prisoners from jail between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. because, said Nickels, "it is unconstitutional for authorities to jail someone overnight who is legally entitled to go free." Nickels did this despite DC Councilman Phil Mendelson's long standing view that the Attorney General has no authority to "unilaterally" declare a DC law unconstitutional. . . .

But there's more - apparently DC residents' legally registered handguns are also at risk. . . .

Post imported post

Think that it's time to remind the D.C. people that the Constitution makes no reference to "LEGALLY REGISTERED FIREARMS", just the Right to keep and Bare Firearms shall not be infringed. They have a LIBERAL problem that needs to be addressed!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I concur in Dr. Mike's diagnosis.

Classic schizophrenia. Compounded by myopia, and reading disorder.

For the schizophrenia I would prescribe antipsychotics such as clozapine, risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine, ziprasidone, and aripiprazole. All at once.In high doses.

Themyopia shouldrespondwell toaggressive electro-convulsivetherapy--electro-shock treatments. Say, twenty treatments in the upper voltage ranges.

For the reading disorder, dietary changes are often recommended. I don't think the patient can wait. I would recommend thorazine, unless Dr. Mike thinks it contra-indicated.

As usual, I would continue all treatment until insurance ran out. At which time he would be re-evaluated and found cured.

(PS: I am not a psychiatrist, nor do I play one on TV; but I have been known to make jokes at their expense.)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I am really beginning to think they all ride the short bus to work, how can people in such high positions not have the ability to see the writing on the wall, or maybe the ability to READ IT!!!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I concur in Dr. Mike's diagnosis.

Classic schizophrenia.
    Physician heal thy self. :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.