• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Attorney General Peter Nickels acts schizophrenic on constitutional rights

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m3d14-DC-Attorney-General-Peter-Nickels-acts-schizophrenic-on-constitutional-rights

SNIP

On March 3, 2009, the Washington Times reported that District of Columbia Attorney General Peter J. Nickels said that DC residents owning certain legally registered long guns will be barred from re-registering them in three years due to the DC City Council's quietly passed December 2008 amendments to DC's gun control statutes. These changes make it unlawful to register long guns if the guns have certain features such as pistol grips even though long guns with pistol grips are in common use across the United States.

But on March 11, 2009, Attorney General Nickels ordered corrections officials to ignore a DC law that prohibits the release of prisoners from jail between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. because, said Nickels, "it is unconstitutional for authorities to jail someone overnight who is legally entitled to go free." Nickels did this despite DC Councilman Phil Mendelson's long standing view that the Attorney General has no authority to "unilaterally" declare a DC law unconstitutional. . . .

But there's more - apparently DC residents' legally registered handguns are also at risk. . . .

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

Think that it's time to remind the D.C. people that the Constitution makes no reference to "LEGALLY REGISTERED FIREARMS", just the Right to keep and Bare Firearms shall not be infringed. They have a LIBERAL problem that needs to be addressed!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I concur in Dr. Mike's diagnosis.

Classic schizophrenia. Compounded by myopia, and reading disorder.

For the schizophrenia I would prescribe antipsychotics such as clozapine, risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine, ziprasidone, and aripiprazole. All at once.In high doses.

Themyopia shouldrespondwell toaggressive electro-convulsivetherapy--electro-shock treatments. Say, twenty treatments in the upper voltage ranges.

For the reading disorder, dietary changes are often recommended. I don't think the patient can wait. I would recommend thorazine, unless Dr. Mike thinks it contra-indicated.

As usual, I would continue all treatment until insurance ran out. At which time he would be re-evaluated and found cured.

:)

(PS: I am not a psychiatrist, nor do I play one on TV; but I have been known to make jokes at their expense.)

Tex

imported post

I am really beginning to think they all ride the short bus to work, how can people in such high positions not have the ability to see the writing on the wall, or maybe the ability to READ IT!!!!