• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrying in Wal-Mart

mercutio545

imported post

Wal-mart is usually 50/50 with me. Lots of rogue management going on. I'm told to leave at the Short Pump one all the time. A few years ago, at the College Drive Wal-Mart in Suffolk, I was subject to an illegal detainment/Terry Stop at the hands of the Suffolk Police Dept (some of you who were on OCDO back then may remember). I was held for about 3 hours while they tried to find something to book me on. After they couldn't find anything, they let me go. Filed a formal complaint, and it was swept under the rug. Figures. I now OC in Wal-Mart every chance I get. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Have OCd in all of the Wally Worlds in the Greater Richmond area and several in Pa. and never had a problem of any kind.

I'm sure that corporate will gladly straighten out any rogue manager.

Yata hey

allingeneral

imported post

I have OC'd in both Wal-marts in Fredericksburg - Central Park and Ferry Farm. I've gotten a couple of funny looks from customers, but none of the employees have ever said anything.

jayarmbar

imported post

I OC at Wal-Mart in Springfield and Manassas and never have a problem. I usually buy range ammo at the Springfield store in a pinc, they have boxes of 9mm 500 ct for $40.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have OC'd at both the walmart in Dumfries and in Fredericksburg with >0< problems...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jayarmbar wrote:
I OC at Wal-Mart in Springfield and Manassas and never have a problem. I usually buy range ammo at the Springfield store in a pinc, they have boxes of 9mm 500 ct for $40.
What year was this? :shock: 1970?

$40.00/500 rds = $4.00/50 rds

Just guessing but the primers probably cost that much now.

Save your gas - it cannot be so.

Yata hey

Joed757

imported post

Well I met one of my old friends in Wal Mart yesterday and I was openly carrying he works in the produe department. So he took a break and walked the store with me to catch up and we happen to pass the bullet area since i was there and he was 21i figured i was going to buy a box. But his lady friend said she couldnt sell them to me because I had my gun on my hip.She said she would hook me up but the security guard was standing right there. But they promised me that from now on come to them (him & her) and they'll hook me up when it comes to pricing.Also got the same situation in a different wal mart. So I'll get prices and let everyone know what I can do for you all.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Joe D

Bubba Ron

imported post

I have been to the new Wal-Mart off Little Creek Rd. and Tidewater Dr. in Norfolk several times- open carrying - and purchasedmultiple boxes of ammo with no problem.

Joed757

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
I have been to the new Wal-Mart off Little Creek Rd. and Tidewater Dr. in Norfolk several times- open carrying - and purchasedmultiple boxes of ammo with no problem.
Thats the one I was at she said it was store policy. She said she would have looked out for me but then again that guard was watching every move

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Joed757 wrote:
I open carried on Tidewater Drive Wal Mart located in Norfolk VA yesterday. Not only didnt an employee say anything to me about it the security officer who was 10 yards away from me for at least 5mins didnt say anything to me.
I did a few weeks ago but I got scared as hell. A guy came up to me and told me it was good to see someone OC. I was happy about that. What I was scared about was that I had no CHP and couldn't just conceal for the rest of my trip. He told me that he doesn't OC anymore because he has had the police called on him 3 times!!! I am not supposed to be OCing in the first place and hell if I will do that again at Walmart because the last thing I need is a police encounter with Norfolk:uhoh:

Joed757

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Joed757 wrote:
I open carried on Tidewater Drive Wal Mart located in Norfolk VA yesterday. Not only didnt an employee say anything to me about it the security officer who was 10 yards away from me for at least 5mins didnt say anything to me.
I did a few weeks ago but I got scared as hell. A guy came up to me and told me it was good to see someone OC. I was happy about that. What I was scared about was that I had no CHP and couldn't just conceal and walk out. He told me that he doesn't OC anymore because he has had the police called on him 3 times!!! I am not supposed to be OCing in the first place and hell if I will do that again at Walmart because the last thing I need is a police encounter with Norfolk:uhoh:
While I was in there again yesterday OC'ing I saw a different security guard who noticed my strong side and didnt say a word. To top that off while walking with my friend who works there his manger walked up on us and told him he would have to go back to work. She looked at me and said you think your soe tough guy with your weapon huh?She said it as a joke and a nice tone. I just looked and smiled and said in no way is that true lol. Then she smiled and we walked to the front I made my purchases and left. I can NOT conceal because Im only 20 so when I am asked why do I Openly Carry depending on how I feel is how I react to the question. But exercising my right works best

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

These postings demonstrate why it is so important to carry a digital recorder. note names (WWWWW & H) and follow through.

We are not trying to create problems for anybody but only through our efforts will the misinformed be educated.

Carry on.

Yata hey

PS - WWWWW&H = elements of a good report = who, what, when, where, why & how.

TexasNative

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I am not supposed to be OCing in the first place...
I'm not sure I understand this. Do you mind telling us why you're not supposed to be OCing?