• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think it speaks for itself about the current administration

grumpycoconut

imported post

At least the accent is less annoying than that of the Texas Syndicate.

I sure am glad that the previous administration didn't take advantage of a moment of national fear to pass any laws or take any actions that violated constitutional principals or grow the gov any bigger than was absolutely necessary for national defense or regulation of interstate commerce.

"A government will work if authority and responsibility are equal and coordinate. This does not insure "good" gevernment. It simply insures that it will work." But such governments are rare - most people want the run things but want no part of the blame. This used to be called "backseat-driver syndrome." - Heinlein

BlueStreek

imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
(....snip)
I sure am glad that the previous administration didn't take advantage of a moment of national fear to pass any laws or take any actions that violated constitutional principals or grow the gov any bigger than was absolutely necessary for national defense or regulation of interstate commerce.
(snip....)
Unfortunately, we are not going to be that lucky this time. We will be lucky if we don't look like 1939 Germany by our new liberation day, 1/20/2013. But then again all the kool-aid drinkers out there, who get their news from ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and The Daily Show will never see the truth of what has happened or what is going to happen. They'll just live their happy little lives with their head stuck in the sand until the jackboots come for them and there will be no one left to help them.

suntzu

imported post

Spectre wrote:
The government big enough to give you what you want is big enough to take everything you have.
-Thomas Jefferson
I personally like Ben Franklin who is credited with the statement " He who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

suntzu

imported post

BlueStreek wrote:
grumpycoconut wrote:
(....snip)
(snip....)
Unfortunately, we are not going to be that lucky this time. We will be lucky if we don't look like 1939 Germany by our new liberation day, 1/20/2013. But then again all the kool-aid drinkers out there, who get their news from ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and The Daily Show will never see the truth of what has happened or what is going to happen. They'll just live their happy little lives with their head stuck in the sand until the jackboots come for them and there will be no one left to help them.
1984 or V For Vendetta?

grumpycoconut

imported post

suntzu wrote:
BlueStreek wrote:
grumpycoconut wrote:
(....snip)
(snip....)
1984 or V For Vendetta?
How do you yell "Wolverines!" in Chinese?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

BlueStreek wrote:
grumpycoconut wrote:
(....snip)
(snip....)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The irony in this post just made my night. Nothing like someone being sarcastic and someone else with their head up their ass taking it seriously. :lol:

Add Faux News to that list and realize that coconut was being sarcastic, and life just might start making sense...

You can thank your boy Bush and his fear mongering puppet Faux News for making himself, and now Obama, the most empowered presidents ever. The memebrs of the Bush administration were such masters of using fear and "patriotism" to control people that this nation didn't have it's rights stolen away, people were lined up for miles to GIVE them to government.

BlueStreek

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
BlueStreek wrote:
grumpycoconut wrote:
(....snip)
(snip....)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The irony in this post just made my night. Nothing like someone being sarcastic and someone else with their head up their ass taking it seriously. :lol:

Add Faux News to that list and realize that coconut was being sarcastic, and life just might start making sense...

You can thank your boy Bush and his fear mongering puppet Faux News for making himself, and now Obama, the most empowered presidents ever. The memebrs of the Bush administration were such masters of using fear and "patriotism" to control people that this nation didn't have it's rights stolen away, people were lined up for miles to GIVE them to government.

I'm very glad I could brighten your day. Oh and no proctologist is necessary here. I was very aware of his not so subtle sarcasm. I just chose to ignore it and point to the real truth.

I would expound more but don't wish to hold you up as I believe your kool-aid is getting warm. Have a great evening.

unreconstructed1

imported post

BlueStreek wrote:
I'm very glad I could brighten your day. Oh and no proctologist is necessary here. I was very aware of his not so subtle sarcasm. I just chose to ignore it and point to the real truth.

"real truth"? the Bush administration did everything that was mentioned here, and much more. Every president in quite a long time has overstepped his bounds by signing unconstitutional acts into law, or by performing unconstitutional acts themselves, and Obama will be no different.

maybe you should listen every once in awhile instead of ignoring facts for what you consider to be the "real truth"

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I think it speaks for itself about the current administration

I agree...as well as the previous administration, and the one before that, and the one before that, ad infinitum for a long, long time.

I can't think of a single president since Andrew Jackson that actually worked to make government smaller, rather than larger. There may have been one or two, but I can't think of them. Since Lincoln (but probably before), it has been a non-stop power-grab though.

We thought the Federalists were through after Adams left office, but they just changed tactics. Instead of running their own candidate, they gradually worked to take over both of the major parties (whatever they were at the time), and run things from behind the scenes.

I think things went much farther than they planned though. I'd bet that even Alexander Hamilton would be appalled at the size and scope of the federal government today.