• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycott of Bull's Eye Shooter

jegoodin

imported post

Originally Posted by reeferjunkie

New price increase on Glocks?

[align=right]

Originally Posted by reeferjunkie
[/align]
Well I drove to Bulls Eye Shooter yesterday (40 miles). The store was packed. I waited about 25 minutes before I was helped. It took them another 40+ minutes to fill out the paper work and help others at the same time. I asked multiple employees while we were filling out the paper work why the gun went up in price. They all said demand. I told them we had agreed to 499 and I have a receipt (contract) that also says we agreed to 499, all sales final. They said to talk that over with the lady at the register.

So I continued the paper work, because if I stepped out of line, I would loose my spot and I would end up being there all day! After another 15-20 minutes waiting in line at the register, I spoke to the lady. She first said that Glock raised their prices. I corrected her and said I called Glock USA and they told me their prices have not risen. She then said that due to the high demand and limited numbers that Glock manufactures the guns, they ‘have too’ charge more due to supply and demand and that I am one of many people they raised the price on because their boss instructed them to. I asked to speak with the owner and they said he is unavailable. They also said the order form says subject to price change.

Well I misspoke in an early post; this order form just simply has my name on it, my contact information, the Glock model and the sales price of 499 with tiny letters up top that says subject to price change, no signatures or any other verbiage. I told them that this is no contract, there isn’t one signature on it and this document is just a plan and simple order form, nothing else. They said it was a contract, I told them no, the sales receipt with all the terms and conditions on it along with my signature is a contract; they said my sales receipt is not a contract. I laughed and said okay, if I want to cancel this sale, am I subject to the 20% restocking fee, they said absolutely. I asked them how can that be, the only paperwork that states the rules on the 20% restocking fee is the sales receipt, and you just said that is not a contract, so then how am I subjected to a 20% restocking fee? There was a pause and they just simply said, the price is 559, period. I said fine, I will be contacting the BBB, filing a complaint with the Attorney General and disputing part of the credit card charge. They said fine.

So now I will start filing the complaints. There is no question these guys are ripping people off. I really can’t blame the salesmen, they were just doing what their boss instructed them to do, and they were very polite, just stupid when it comes to good business practice and the law. The owner on the other hand….well, enough said there.

Sounds like we need to start a boycott campagne against Bull"s Eye Shooter. Start posting in all the gun forums about their customer treatment and price gouging.
G17 G19 G23 G26 G27

triehl27

imported post

Ok here is the first question anyone that you complain to is going to ask you:

Did you go through with the sale? Yes? Then that was your decision. Your an adult.

If after all that you still went through with the sale, I can't say I hold alot of sympathy. Guns are like car sales, Cars come and Cars go, it it isn't here today it may be here tomorrow at another lot.

In other words, if there is a shortage now, then there may be a overage later. There are plenty of gunstores around.

Tawnos

imported post

triehl27 wrote:

Did you go through with the sale? Yes? Then that was your decision. Your an adult.

If after all that you still went through with the sale, I can't say I hold alot of sympathy. Guns are like car sales, Cars come and Cars go, it it isn't here today it may be here tomorrow at another lot.

In other words, if there is a shortage now, then there may be a overage later. There are plenty of gunstores around.
From how I read it, they (Bullseye) were saying they had a contractual bill of sale, and that failure to perform would have been a violation of the contract. While I probably would have said "that's too bad for you, as I'm not buying it at this price," I could see how it would be intimidating to be told "buy or we charge you for not buying, and there's nothing you can do about it."

deanf

imported post

Sounds like we need to start a boycott campagne against Bull"s Eye Shooter. Start posting in all the gun forums about their customer treatment and price gouging.

So we have a third party report detailing one side of a dispute with a merchant, and you call for a boycott?

No. OCDO members are people of honor, and such a boycott would be dishonorable.

cynicist

imported post

So we have a third party report detailing one side of a dispute with a merchant, and you call for a boycott? No. OCDO members are people of honor, and such a boycott would be dishonorable.
Shall we try to get their side of the story?

deanf

imported post

Shall we try to get their side of the story?

In a perfect world, yes.

I'm not keen on pestering a for-profit business over every little petty complaint. I'm sure they've got better things to do. Unless there is evidence of a pattern of behavior, I'd say let it drop.

Phssthpok

imported post

Am I the only one who noticed this posters location is listed as Virginia? Mayhaps it was accidentally posed in the wrong sub-forum?

bugly

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
triehl27 wrote:

From how I read it, they (Bullseye) were saying they had a contractual bill of sale, and that failure to perform would have been a violation of the contract. While I probably would have said "that's too bad for you, as I'm not buying it at this price," I could see how it would be intimidating to be told "buy or we charge you for not buying, and there's nothing you can do about it."
this is EXACTLY why I never pay for anything with a credit card, don't have one, don't want one. Cash, baby! if they wanted to charge a "restocking fee" what would they do, go for my wallet? Cash only, paid on delivery, if they wanted a "down payment" that would LOCK the price, otherwise it's a "bait and switch". CASH ONLY, or you will get screwed over!!!!!!!
Did I mention CASH ONLY?
Don't be part of the problem with the economy, pay with CASH! Then they can't try and run your card number with the "remaining amount".
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Let me make sure I understand this. The seller says this quasi receipt is a contract and if the buyer backs out he is subject to a 20% restocking fee. The seller also says it is not a contractand that he, the seller,is not bound by the price on the document. Wow what a deal.Is the 20% fee on 499 or 599?

Personaly I would have canceled the deal and told him to sue me for the restocking fee. Unless of course I paid him cash in advance. Inwhich case that is what small claims court is for. Judges love this sort of thing.

Vern357

imported post

FWIW I am with you on this. I had the same experiance at Larry's Guns in Olympia and have not been back since. To be fair that was under the old management, but the new guys are from Bulls Eyes too I think. Best gun shops in my area and J&S sales and East County guns by far.

But regards of the "lets defend the merchents" crowd I am will now not patronize Bull's Eye and I thank you for the heads up/

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Vern357 wrote:
FWIW I am with you on this. I had the same experiance at Larry's Guns in Olympia and have not been back since. To be fair that was under the old management, but the new guys are from Bulls Eyes too I think. Best gun shops in my area and J&S sales and East County guns by far.

But regards of the "lets defend the merchents" crowd I am will now not patronize Bull's Eye and I thank you for the heads up/
Vern, Larry's Guns (now Cascade Arms) has outstanding customer service, and after buying four guns there, as well as having on delivered to me from out of state there, as well as a number of ammo and accessory purchase, I wouldn't hesitate to list them as one of the "good guys."

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I can't say that I've been in Cascade Arms, yet. But, if this is the same Jeff and Jeremy from Bull's Eye that I think it is, it should be a wonderful place to purchase and talk about guns. Whenever I went to Bull's Eye in the past, I found that they were the only ones I could count on to get a straight story. I look forward to visiting in the future, once I can get down there!

just_a_car

imported post

Vern357 wrote:

It is because of this misconception that they were placed on the "Pro-Guns Businesses List": http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3630.html

Vern357

imported post

Sad thing about buying an established business is you get the bagage that goes with it. Someone needs to tell em to change the sign.

Your experiance is as valid as mine, or the original posters. Buy from where you like.

44Brent

imported post

I read this story by jegoodin and can't follow it. The story is non-sensical because it is missing key facts.

just_a_car

imported post

Maybe it's just me, but that post on GT.com looks suspiciously similar (but with different firearms and prices) to one on G&G: http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/re...big-slam-bullseye-indoor-range-tacoma-wa.html

I dunno, the writing style and such are so similar that it kinda bugs me... in the way I get "that feeling" when listening to Obama or Nancy Pelosi speak.

Either way, it sounds like maybe one or three people have had some bad experiences there, but we don't know all the information, nor is it necessarily representative of the company overall.

To put it simply, until I see something MUCH more convincing than this (and something implying they're against the carry of firearms in their business, whether open or concealed), they will NOT be placed on the WA Do Not Patronize list. If you read the original "rules" of the list, bad service is not one of the reasons businesses get placed on the list.

compmanio365

imported post

Waitaminute......"reeferjunkie"? I've had my share of bad experiences with Bulls Eye, they are ridiculously overpriced, and I can't really doubt the story the OP posted, but I wouldn't say it calls for a boycott. Boycotts are rarely useful because you won't get everyone onboard, and it just makes people look childish, IMO. You could put them on the DNP list and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference for those that already shop there and will continue to do so.

I think a better message would be: "Buyer beware", as it is everywhere these days. You have no guarantees, so you have to be the scrupulous one when buying something. In the story posted, the guy, if this story is true, definitely has legal recourse and needs to follow it. In the abscence of hard evidence however, I can't say for sure what is true.