• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Muliple state CC licenses

hawaidvr9

imported post

I have heard that a person can apply for CC license from other states, I have also heard there is a website with the information on how to go about it.

I believe the process entails getting a license from a state and other states recognize that states license.

Is it even possible?

Thanks

j2l3

imported post

It is possible, but your comments are two separate subjects. First, go to http://www.handgunlaw.usand look for the link for "Non-Resident Permits".

That will give you a list of states that will issue one for you and what their requirements are. If yougetUtah AND Florida license, you will be good to go in about 30 states.

A Washington license will be good in about 8 states. That site can give you a map of the states each license is good in. This is called reciprocity.

Utah and Florida will issue through the mail. On costs over $100 the other around $70. Well worth it in combination with a Washington license. I am pretty sure that as a resident of Washington, you will have to have a Washintgon CPL to conceal here. The other two licenses will allow conceal carry in a whole lot of other places.

Hope this gets you started on an answer to your questions.

j2l3

imported post

Good point, that's why I didn't give a set in stone number, I was too lazy to look it up. You're nitpicking....

It did illiustrate what the op wanted to know. That is what was important, because he will find the exact, correctinformation on the website I posted.

FMCDH

imported post

I currently hold licenses for WA., OR., FL., NH. & PA.

I have done quite a few permit applications as you can see so feel free to PM me with any questions and I may be able to clear up anything that www.handgunlaw.us may not be clear about.

You can get quite a few licenses through the mail with little or no hassle. Many states only require that you have a CC license from your own state such as NH & PA to get theirs. A lot of NE states only recognize their own but will issue fairly easily to out of staters.

Be sure to pay attention to the "honors state resident permits only" notes, when counting the number of states total that you have reciprocity for.

"Carry On!" :)

jchen012

imported post

The easiest one to get is probably NH. All they ask is a photocopy of your WA CPL and $20 for 4 years. That is so cheap!! When I applied, I got mine back in 10 days of mailing out the application... And their license is honored by many states. I think NH is the best bang for your buck.

heresolong

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
The easiest one to get is probably NH. All they ask is a photocopy of your WA CPL and $20 for 4 years. That is so cheap!! When I applied, I got mine back in 10 days of mailing out the application... And their license is honored by many states. I think NH is the best bang for your buck.
That is the one that I have also. Really easy, no safety course required, no hassles. I think I have 27 or 28 states with the WA and NH combined. You can pick up a couple more with Utah and Florida but not much. I am planning on grabbing an Oregon as well.