• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why we shouldn't rush to dance on the P-I's grave

Nitrox314

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
What a great day for the First Amendment. When papers that print mostly lies lose money and go out of business, that means thatthe people can still chose to buy or not buy those rags.

The only media that will survive is that which is truly fair. It will take time to weed out the charlitains though.

Other lying papers are also losing subscribers as well. I support my local paper and have a subscription. I also subscribe to the Wall Street Journal as I think they're very fair in their reporting.
But the papers that print lies and fail are going to recieve bailouts from the government and then they will be spouting government rhetoric...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

What a great day for the First Amendment. When papers that print mostly lies lose money and go out of business, that means thatthe people can still chose to buy or not buy those rags.

The only media that will survive is that which is truly fair. It will take time to weed out the charlitains though.

Other lying papers are also losing subscribers as well. I support my local paper and have a subscription. I also subscribe to the Wall Street Journal as I think they're very fair in their reporting.
The PI has been going out of business for about as long as I've been alive. If it wasn't for the JOA that the Feds worked out between the PI and the Times, the PI would have gone away a long, long time ago.

I didn't like a lot of the PI, but there were parts of it I liked, including a couple of columnists. What I enjoy though is the myth of the "lying rag." Dig up an old copy of the PI, and go through it for me please. Make a note of every single lie. Then reference and source the actual truth to back up your point. Then show how the paper was "mostly lies" as you put it.

I'm sure you are quite capable of doing that. Just one single issue. Each and every article in it (you can skip the letters to the editor if you like.) Document each untruth, and cite actual sources for the real truth.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:

But the papers that print lies and fail are going to recieve bailouts from the government and then they will be spouting government rhetoric...
Same challenge I made WFL. Pick up a paper. Document each and every lie. Then cite it with hard facts and sources for those facts. Also make note of if the article is written by the paper or off the newswire.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

The PI has been going out of business for about as long as I've been alive. If it wasn't for the JOA that the Feds worked out between the PI and the Times, the PI would have gone away a long, long time ago.

I didn't like a lot of the PI, but there were parts of it I liked, including a couple of columnists. What I enjoy though is the myth of the "lying rag." Dig up an old copy of the PI, and go through it for me please. Make a note of every single lie. Then reference and source the actual truth to back up your point. Then show how the paper was "mostly lies" as you put it.

I'm sure you are quite capable of doing that. Just one single issue. Each and every article in it (you can skip the letters to the editor if you like.) Document each untruth, and cite actual sources for the real truth.

There's no need to trouble myself with showing what was untrue. If they were on the level, they'd not be dying. But they decided to fill most of their paper with AP stories including most of the local stories. I trust the AP as far as I can throw their main office building. As far as I am Concerned, the AP is worthless and so are 100% of the stories they produce and so are 100% of their reporters. If only 10% of them fabricate and make up stories, it makes 100% of their stories worthless, and if the PI uses anything from them.... they themselves are worthless and deserve nothing less than to go out of business. And of course, the Statist tax policies and environmental regulations also killed the paper in this State.

How many of their stories are bought from the wire services? More than 80%? I think so. I have even read local stories in the PI from the AP... what kind of BS laziness is that? They don't deserve to exist. If they get bailed out.... that will just prove they are a propaganda arm for the Democrats.