• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig P6 (P225)

custom.45acp

imported post

Is the SIG P6 (P225) reliable? Extra magazines- factory or not? FMJ or JHP? Let me know anything you might. Anyone own one? Carry it?

Is Duracoatany good for a SIG P6? The guy said he'd do it for free since I bought the gun from him. I politely declined the first oredered one but I am tossing the idea up, if I purchase another from him. Let's hear of your experiences with Duracoat, please.

Custom.45acp

joshuaeberly

imported post

don't know the p6 I own a p226 9mm it will eat anything I feed it (so long as it's clean, 5000 rounds without cleaning, it starts to have feeding and ejection problems)

duracoat, heard that it's Gods Gift to Guns. and heard that it's worthless. no experience with that, but if it's free, it couldn't hurt, if worse came to worse, you could always strip the duracoat and replace with a real nice hot blue.

Michigander

imported post

I wouldn't own, much less carry a single stack 9, but they are a sweet deal, and many people really love them. Everything I've heard about them leads me to believe they are very nice, just like all other Sigs.

Here is a link to factory mags for sale. They are rare, so the advice everyone on the net seems to have is to get them while you can: http://www.topgunsupply.com/magazines-sig-sauer_p225/

What ammo will work well often depends on the gun. I've seen numerous P220's, including mine, get picky when the recoil spring gets weak. I suppose it might be the same way with the P225's.

ghostrider

imported post

I don't own one myself, but have handled a few at my local. I initially heard about them on thehighroad when CDNN was selling them last year. They seem to get good reviews, and appear to be a nice gun. I do know one person who owns one, and is very happy with it. He said he went with ProMag for extra mags (also said the work fine), and another person recommended checking with Mec-Gar.

I don't know what they cost now, but they are probably still a very good deal.