Thread: Safeway....

Post imported post

Dont know who called the police, but it appears that it was manaagement, as an associate had come up to me and said that 'customers were complaining', I had a pamphlet on me, explained the law, the reasoning, etc. He seemed pretty interested, not at all nervous/scared, amd had a few questions about licensing/registering/where to shoot,etc.

I think it was a manager because the 'head cheese' was standing by the security door (with it wide open) talking, then clammed up, turned to me and smiled, as if she knew I was approaching (Ie. watching on camera). I left, and a few mins. later as I'm driving down the road I hear on my portable that 'The suspect has left safeway in a white 4 door sedan', shortly thereafter two marked PD units drove by, in the opposite direction, remarked that they had spotted the vehicle (mine) passing them, and noted my direction of travel (stating the road/direction I was driving on). They did not appear to turn around, and a few moments later it was heard that they wanted officers to respond further, for clarification of the law.

I'm home, never got stopped, but it still concerns me.. I did have someone follow me about halfway home from safeway.(they turned down dead end road to turn around). Makes me feel ill in my stomach that police were looking for me for a legal activity.

I had on my company polo, and the safeway clerk originally expressed that people were wondering why it 'didn't match' with why I was carrying a gun.. Like somehow because I didn't have 'security' or some such nonsense on there that I wasn't supposed to be carrying..

Here's exactly what I was wearing, but had my pants pulled up, and my top button buttoned to hide the undershirt.

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

Yeah that's pretty bogus like having a badge makes you a responsible person. I like the "clarification of the law" bit. Like cops go around to people who have cell phones and tell them " Sir are you aware that you are in legal possession of a portable phone". On a side note your shaved head might have reminded them of American History X.

Post imported post

which safeway?
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    which safeway?
    Olympia/Tumwater
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

The store at 520 Cleveland Ave. SE?

MD

Post imported post

Tat must be an anti gun manager.The Safeway I go to is helping us sponsor our event....

Post imported post

Deros, Me and Irfner have conducted our meeting once at Safeway we all were OCing then I was there this morning too OCing no problems at all,More over that safeway is one of our sponserer for March 28th meeting, It must be the specific manager who has problems or maybe just unaware of law. Passing out couple of pamphlets will work I guess.

Post imported post

Just last week Deros, Jarhead and I were in the 38th St. Safeway in Tacoma and we were all over the store & separated quite a few times before heading up to the checkout. No issues to report.

Post imported post

It was the pen that's what it was. Was it on?

Post imported post

Machoduck wrote:
    The store at 520 Cleveland Ave. SE?¬*

MD
    Sounds bout right.

Post imported post

Now I where to stop for snacks and such when I'm in the Olympia area.

MD

Post imported post

I think it was because you were dressed like a gangbanger rather than some sort of professional. :celebrate

Post imported post

You'd sure put me in Condition Orange. I mean really, carrying a gun in a holster, nice collared shirt and decent trousers? Everybody knows if you carry a gun, it's got to be in your waistband, your pants have to be barely hanging on to your butt cheeks, you've got to be wearing a baggy black tee shirt and you've got to have a ball cap on sideways. Get with the program!

Post imported post

Heh, I know exactly where you were when you took those pictures. Parking lot is a bit emptier now that CompUSA and Circuit City have both closed up shop.

And if you'd grow some damn hair, you might not scare all the little old ladies at the checkout line! :P

Post imported post

Added to the Watch List.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA