• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safeway....

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Dont know who called the police, but it appears that it was manaagement, as an associate had come up to me and said that 'customers were complaining', I had a pamphlet on me, explained the law, the reasoning, etc. He seemed pretty interested, not at all nervous/scared, amd had a few questions about licensing/registering/where to shoot,etc.

I think it was a manager because the 'head cheese' was standing by the security door (with it wide open) talking, then clammed up, turned to me and smiled, as if she knew I was approaching (Ie. watching on camera). I left, and a few mins. later as I'm driving down the road I hear on my portable that 'The suspect has left safeway in a white 4 door sedan', shortly thereafter two marked PD units drove by, in the opposite direction, remarked that they had spotted the vehicle (mine) passing them, and noted my direction of travel (stating the road/direction I was driving on). They did not appear to turn around, and a few moments later it was heard that they wanted officers to respond further, for clarification of the law.

I'm home, never got stopped, but it still concerns me.. I did have someone follow me about halfway home from safeway.(they turned down dead end road to turn around). Makes me feel ill in my stomach that police were looking for me for a legal activity.

I had on my company polo, and the safeway clerk originally expressed that people were wondering why it 'didn't match' with why I was carrying a gun.. Like somehow because I didn't have 'security' or some such nonsense on there that I wasn't supposed to be carrying.. :cuss:

Here's exactly what I was wearing, but had my pants pulled up, and my top button buttoned to hide the undershirt.

Front.jpg

back.jpg

logo.jpg

FunkTrooper

imported post

Yeah that's pretty bogus like having a badge makes you a responsible person. I like the "clarification of the law" bit. Like cops go around to people who have cell phones and tell them " Sir are you aware that you are in legal possession of a portable phone". On a side note your shaved head might have reminded them of American History X.

DEROS72

imported post

Tat must be an anti gun manager.The Safeway I go to is helping us sponsor our event....

Manu

imported post

Deros, Me and Irfner have conducted our meeting once at Safeway we all were OCing then I was there this morning too OCing no problems at all,More over that safeway is one of our sponserer for March 28th meeting, It must be the specific manager who has problems or maybe just unaware of law. Passing out couple of pamphlets will work I guess.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Just last week Deros, Jarhead and I were in the 38th St. Safeway in Tacoma and we were all over the store & separated quite a few times before heading up to the checkout. No issues to report.

CaptainAttila

imported post

You'd sure put me in Condition Orange. I mean really, carrying a gun in a holster, nice collared shirt and decent trousers? Everybody knows if you carry a gun, it's got to be in your waistband, your pants have to be barely hanging on to your butt cheeks, you've got to be wearing a baggy black tee shirt and you've got to have a ball cap on sideways. Get with the program!

compmanio365

imported post

Heh, I know exactly where you were when you took those pictures. Parking lot is a bit emptier now that CompUSA and Circuit City have both closed up shop.

And if you'd grow some damn hair, you might not scare all the little old ladies at the checkout line! :p